Nexus S 4G ICS Bugs

johnb0072

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else is randomly getting no more room on this home screen pop ups? Its occurred at various times in various apps and I have no idea why.

fomotomo

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else is randomly getting no more room on this home screen pop ups? Its occurred at various times in various apps and I have no idea why.

Do you mean when you first download from play store or w/e its called?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

johnb0072

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I mean sometimes on home screen..sometimes while reading the paper...when a page is loading its really random it doesn't seem to affect anything but its getting annoying.

Blatz32

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone here have an issue while entering a contact to SMS or MMS? When I enter a contact, instead of recognizing my contacts, it enters what I have then sends the cursor back to the beginning of the field. It continues to do so when I try to erase what it accepts. Very stubborn and very frustrating. Does this make sense to anyone?

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone here have an issue while entering a contact to SMS or MMS? When I enter a contact, instead of recognizing my contacts, it enters what I have then sends the cursor back to the beginning of the field. It continues to do so when I try to erase what it accepts. Very stubborn and very frustrating. Does this make sense to anyone?

I have had the same issue as well. I feel better that I am not the only one, and at the same time annoyed that we are having this problem.

markinbright

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Crazy thing . . . When I dial phone numbers, every now and then it will dial one of the speed dial widgets from my home screen instead. So basically dial the wrong number. I swear it's happened when dialing other contact widgets and when manually dialing numbers. It's only happened a handful of times, and I can't make it happen on purpose so I'm not sure how to diagnose. Anyone else?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I mean sometimes on home screen..sometimes while reading the paper...when a page is loading its really random it doesn't seem to affect anything but its getting annoying.

To stop this from happening, open the play store app. Menu/settings/Deselect auto add widgets.

Reactions: arrasmith

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I am having an issue where I take a few pictures and it will completely die and I have to do a battery pull to get the phone working again. Sometimes it will be okay for a few pictures but after about 4 in a row it will just go completely black. :(

v8mustang

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this has been reported yet.

Every time I want to copy a text or edit a text message in SMS, it would edit/copy a text message older than the ones I want to copy.

For example,

Text Msg 1
Text Msg 2
Text Msg 3
Text Msg 4
Text Msg 5

I wanted to copy Text Msg 4, it would copy Text Msg 2 or Text Msg 3. Same thing with forwarding.

Did anyone experience the same problem? Kinda annoying....

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Signal has been the major problem for the nexus s after ICS update and some users are going back to the ginger bread.

Signal has always been bad with this phone, even on GB. I've always had less than 2 bars even when I'm in the next room from my router. Pretty sure it's hardware but I could be wrong.

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I hope the bug will be fixed ive noticed the wifi signal doesnt show all the bars it should be and i have a wireless n router regular signal is ok bar wise another bug is my stock browser is messed up and even using chrome sometimes messes up it will become unresponsive at time also i was playing with the exposure settings on camera app and went to take a pic and phone shut off had to pull the battery also the phone will only charge on a samsung charger or a htc charger no other charger works to charge it on gb i could use any charger now i cant

Phones battery sucks mine will only charge to 94 % then it says its charged i pull it off and still 94% plug it in and stops at 94 again

I love this ice cream sandwich but i hope they send out a fix for all the issues cause according to phonearena.com sprint put the nexus on the end of life list so i hope that since its a google phone they will send us an update for the fixes

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope the bug will be fixed ive noticed the wifi signal doesnt show all the bars it should be and i have a wireless n router regular signal is ok bar wise another bug is my stock browser is messed up and even using chrome sometimes messes up it will become unresponsive at time also i was playing with the exposure settings on camera app and went to take a pic and phone shut off had to pull the battery also the phone will only charge on a samsung charger or a htc charger no other charger works to charge it on gb i could use any charger now i cant

Phones battery sucks mine will only charge to 94 % then it says its charged i pull it off and still 94% plug it in and stops at 94 again

I love this ice cream sandwich but i hope they send out a fix for all the issues cause according to phonearena.com sprint put the nexus on the end of life list so i hope that since its a google phone they will send us an update for the fixes

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

The 94% max charge is the most you can get and it won't be fixed because that's how it's designed.

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
anyone having applications that were installed in gingerbread, not working on the "Ice Cream Sandwich" ics upgrade?

i paid for spades king & loved it..

after the ics update, it won't load, instead i get a very fast closing pop-up reading "unfortunately spades king has stopped" .. going into the app, the option to move it to usb storage is greyed out ...

multiple un-installs / re-installs doesn't help... i've long ago wrote the devs about the issue -

Thank you for contacting Android Support for Magmic products. Your request (Ticket #119186) has been updated. You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Queue Wait Time: *LOW*. You should expect a response within 1 to 2 business days, but it may be less.

Below you will find all the info relevant to your Support Ticket:
Ticket Subject: Spades King
Ticket ID: 119186
Comments:
Justin Price, Apr 17 09:23 (EDT):

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I've included this in a report for our developers to further investigate and will reply as soon as I hear from them.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

-----------------------------------------------
Justin Price
Customer Support

Last edited: