1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Landscape mode for Camera?

I searched the forum for anyone else noticing this issue with no landscape mode under ICS. My camera is now less capable than it was under GB. I found that the best outdoor shots were in landscape mode. I cannot replicate the quality of those shots without using other software to correct.

Is there a camera app out there that anyone can recommend to replace this stock version?

I also think the panoramic feature is garbage as its mostly blurred. There are better pano apps on the market.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dnelson_1971 View Post
    I searched the forum for anyone else noticing this issue with no landscape mode under ICS. My camera is now less capable than it was under GB. I found that the best outdoor shots were in landscape mode. I cannot replicate the quality of those shots without using other software to correct.

Is there a camera app out there that anyone can recommend to replace this stock version?

I also think the panoramic feature is garbage as its mostly blurred. There are better pano apps on the market.
    Just curious, what exactly do you mean by "no landscape mode" in the camera?

O and I agree with the panorama shots. I haven't had too much luck with them. Then again I've only tried it once or twice. Haha.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Default Re: No Landscape mode for Camera?

What is landscape mode? Just turn your phone on its side. I'm confused?

i think he means a scene setting for foliage that makes the colors more vibrant
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I remember a setting on my GB nexus s4g that let me shoot landscape. most DSLR cameras have a mode for this which automatically adjust for the lazy that do not want to mess with manual mode. I liked the mode for outdoors. None of the settings match up with those preset functions where they adjust contracts/brightness out of the gate. I have to re-work the photos if I want greatness.

I liked the camera on my nexus. It's capable of good photos but feel that ICS took a step backward. Do you guys feel we advanced on our camera functionality?