Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Default Contacts messed up?

Stock - ICS

So when someone calls me now, I only see the number....I don't see their names associated with the call until after I answer the phone. Is this happening to anyone else?

Also, custom ring tones for contacts don't work as well.

Default Re: Contacts messed up?

Darn it, I have the same problem.

I have noticed that there is a delay showing the contact name.

I have also noticed that the ringtone will play intermittently for the contact assigned ringtone.

Number must be entered into you contacts as 1 (XXX) XXX-XXX or (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

XXX-XXX-XXXX works too
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

I don't seem to have much problem with the pic showing when I receive calls or texts: I also store all my numbers using 10-digits.

What I have noticed since the official ICS update with the phone dialer app is that is takes longer to load as compared to GB. The delay is not huge but enough to be easily noticiable, not a deal breaker but wonder if that is also connected to your issue.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

I've had this issue, myself, also intermittently, and without regard for formatting in the contact entry.

Perhaps Google is trying to improve our memories by giving us pop quizzes on our contacts phone numbers.

I have the same problem, I will see if updating some of my more used contacts makes a difference.

Thanks.