Yet another ICS Battery thread

Tonian

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I take back what I said before. Still having the same problem. Something is randomly triggering some process in Android OS, the phone runs hot, and four hours later the battery is dead with minimal use.

Contacts also seems to run really slow -- when I get a phone call, it doesn't match the incoming call number with my contact list until well into the phone call. I wonder if it's some process in People that's burning up the battery.

tonykilo943

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Well....finally I think I have a handle on it...
The thing that made the most difference is to keep WIFI on all the time..which seemed contradictory to all that I thought...but it has made a huge difference.

Here is a screen shot from today..thanks for all the help...hopefully the good battery life continues!

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try to facebook refresh thing myself. I really don't want to factory reset because reinstalling apps can be a pain, BUT if the Facebook thing doesn't give results I may do that. I also killed the NFC, notice some improvement. I went to a baseball game Sinday, I was on my third battery after 6 hours.:p

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I bit the bullet after reading post last night, I did factory reset, I dumped my hotmail, yahoo mail apps, killed nfc and turned Facebook to never notify. One word WOW, I left cell unplugged for 5 hours. When I woke up it had not gone down a point in battery percentage.

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have definitely noticed that Facebook kills battery. I don't even use the app anymore. I also sync everything manually except email,Gmail, and weather for my clock. And keeping wifi on helps a ton. I don't get these results all the time but this is my best I've gotten.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you use any fb related app? Friendcaster, Fastbook, or nothing at all now? My strategy is to keep my phone plugged in all day at work (fully enjoying netflix, facebook, etc.), charge it whenever I'm home or in the car and hope that I don't leave the house for more than 4 hours. If I do know I'll be gone long. I turn off all sync and basically use it as a dumb phone unless I really need check email or look up a location. Not my ideal phone but until a better phone/battery comes out it's acceptable because the worst thing for me is to be out after midnight and not be able to make or receive calls. That part of me misses the old 3 day charge you'd get with a phone/text only flip phone.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have officially jumped ship back to gingerbread. Today was the last straw. barely used my phone and I was at 30% at 2 pm. Unacceptable

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I even with my 3600mah battery I was down to 30% by 5pm and the phone got HOT for awhile til I rebooted it! I mean HOT!

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you use any fb related app? Friendcaster, Fastbook, or nothing at all now? My strategy is to keep my phone plugged in all day at work (fully enjoying netflix, facebook, etc.), charge it whenever I'm home or in the car and hope that I don't leave the house for more than 4 hours. If I do know I'll be gone long. I turn off all sync and basically use it as a dumb phone unless I really need check email or look up a location. Not my ideal phone but until a better phone/battery comes out it's acceptable because the worst thing for me is to be out after midnight and not be able to make or receive calls. That part of me misses the old 3 day charge you'd get with a phone/text only flip phone.

I'm not sure if you are referring to me, but no I don't. I go on the browser if I ever need to check facebook. The only game I have is angry birds space. And I have twicca, instagram, flip board, and a couple other apps installed. Just the apps 100% necessary. And like I posted, I turn almost all sync off. For notifications, I use Gmail for Facebook, and texts for twitter. Seems to work nicely.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is atrocious. Basically 6-7 hours. Had to purchase an extra batt plus the battery dock.

Now mind you I never experienced this phone on GB, only ICS, so I have no real point of reference.

I will say that the number one juice sucking app is ...THE SCREEN. Maybe since the phone is new to me I just like touching the dam thing too much? *Shrug*

cmbritton

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded my Samsung Captivate from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. Before the upgrade, the battery would usually last all day and have about 35% left when I plugged it in to charge at the end of the day.

After the upgrade, my battery would completely drain in just a few hours. The top battery user was "Android OS", not "Screen" like I was used to seeing. I put up with this for a couple of days.

By the third day I was more interested in getting my phone back to normal than I was in scientifically eliminating one variable at a time, so taking advice from several online posts I performed the following steps:

1. Performed a factory reset.
  2. Drained the battery completely.
  3. Reset battery statistics.
  4. Re-installed all my apps. (Previously, I had restored them from a Titanium backup.)

That solved the problem for me. My battery life is now better than it was before the upgrade. For the last few weeks, I have about 60% left at the end of an average day.

Hope this helps.