Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Merging two contacts (same people)

I've searched this but only seem to find examples of people merging contacts from two different platforms (google & twitter). My problem comes in with my existing Google contacts and my Google+ contacts. When I set up ICS a while ago, I integrated Google+ contacts with my Google contacts. Most contacts blended together, except for some that had nicknames.

For example. A friend from my Google contact is named "Deano". On Google+ however his name is "Dean <lastname>". While ALL of the contact info for both contacts is the exact same, it still lists them separately. Is there any way to merge these together? This has happened with a handful of contacts, including my wife.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Merging two contacts (same people)

If you go into the desktop version of gmail, there is an option to merge contacts in your contacts list (select the 2 contacts, goto More -> Merge Contacts). I'm not sure how it would work with Google and G+ info, but it's worth a shot.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Merging two contacts (same people)

Thanks for the reply. I tried it and it only works if I have duplicate contacts as you described. However, on my phone it still shows two separate contacts. One being the regular contact from gmail, and the other being the Google+ contact. So it looks like i'm still stuck. Appreciate the help though.