1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Luvin it

I rooted my Amazon Fire a couple of weeks before I got my Nexus Service, so ICS wasn't strange when I got it. I do however love it on the phone. My wife also has one and Thursday dropped it and cracked the screen. I setup her replacement and was amazed how smooth it was. I also setup her Google Wallet, which she was reluctant to do. True it isn't available everywhere, but should it not be the next (buzz or wave) I think she'll enjoy it. I know the three days I've had mine I have.
    Luvzmobile

Default Re: Luvin it

I just upgraded my wife's Nexus to ICS. She runs a very busy business and so far hates the upgrade LOL. She just does want to take the time to figure new things. I set up Google Wallet on hers too and now wish my ET4G had it.
    HTC One
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    HTC Evo LTE
    Nexus 10

I'm enjoying the update so far. Made me feel like I have a new device. :o

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

I upgraded my S 4G with the zip file a few days before it pushed to my phone. I love ICS, but the phone just did not work well. So I wiped everything and took it back to day one stock. I got the OTA 4.04 right away, and everything is great now. Only one bug left to figure out (can't use downloaded ring tones).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I grabbed a free ring tone editor which allows me to use downloaded rings tones for contacts. Free in Play/Market, I believe it's called ring tone editor.

Smile Re: Luvin it

I was very doubtful at first when my battery life plummeted after the upgrade to ICS.

But after a couple of factory resets, the battery life seems better than GB and everything runs smoothly.

I especially like the folders feature, and for me, there is no longer any reason to run a launcher app.

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    I grabbed a free ring tone editor which allows me to use downloaded rings tones for contacts. Free in Play/Market, I believe it's called ring tone editor.
    I use Zedge, so I have plenty of downloaded ring tones. The problem is that they only play for a few seconds, and then just stop. Only the ring tones that came with ICS work. I used another App also, but same result...frustrating.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hpilot View Post
    Only one bug left to figure out (can't use downloaded ring tones).
    You need to make sure your custom sounds are in the correct directories as follows:

media/alarms

media/notifications

media/ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    You need to make sure your custom sounds are in the correct directories as follows:

media/alarms

media/notifications

media/ringtones
    Actually, I don't think that is the problem. They ring, but the mp3s are only one second long, and they don't repeat automatically. I guess I will have to use an audio editor to make a much longer mp3. These folders don't exist right now. Do you think if I made them, the mp3s would automatically repeat?

Update: I just used a sound editor, and made the ring tone repeat for 30 sec, and now it works. Seems like ICS should do that automatically...
    Last edited by hpilot; 05-07-2012 at 02:21 PM.