Airvana

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I wanted better coverage so I called sprint and they sent me this airvana thing, it was easy to set up, isn't messing with my home network and is going to cost me about 4 bucks in taxes. Here's a speed test
View attachment 26821

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Airvavna

The Air Wave... Yes Sprint has offered that for some time as a quick fix to shut up complaining customers about their signal at home. Some say it works, others have complained it really doesn't improve things...

ExtctnLvlEvnt

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The people that complain may not have it setup right either, I have one and it works great, there is a known issue where sometimes it won't send texts right away though, they are working on it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Airvavna

I am one of those "complaining" customers, I cant even get Facebook to load at my house because we are in a rual area. That being said, the Airave is only as good as your internet provider. I have a microwave internet setup and in the evening, much like DSL it gets busy; this creates a delay when speaking to sombody while carrying on a voice conversation. It is crazy annoying! also, I believe it is a cdma issue but if you use, let's say Go SMS, you need to select the break up large messages tab to get a text message over the 160 character threashold to go correctly. If not it will just show up as nonsense on the otherside. It also has a 3mb speed limit for data. The GPS sensor is helpful though, just in case you didn't know you were at home. It's better than nothing though!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an old model of the airave and it sucks! I cannot seem to get them to acknowledge that it simply does not work right for smartphones and data pass thru is nonexistent. Have to use wifi at home to get my google voice handled SMS and voicemail. And don't get me started on the wifi on the nexS

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
The airvana works great for me but mine is free due to complaining :D

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
The airvana works great for me but mine is free due to complaining :D

Same here, I don't see how other people are having problems with theirs mine connected immediately

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, I do NOT have the airvana, but it's precursor the airave, and it bites. I am so jealous of you folks that got the airvana!

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I Just read up on it, maybe you can call them and see if they can send you the new version

Last edited:

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Call sprint and complain

Tell them your thinking of going to AT&T when your contract is up and that your signal is really bad even with the airave

And would like to try the airvana

Worked for me free airvana

johnb0072

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for a couple weeks and its not that great unless I'm in the same room but it is better than it was.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I got an airvana a few weeks back too, as a result of me calling and telling them that my signal was really hit and miss in my house (which is was). They sent me the airvana on "free loan." Doesn't cost me anything. But, I have to return it if I move or no longer use it.

Set up was super simple. Easier than setting up a wifi router. Just plugged it into my network, fired it up, and in business. Improved the signal in my house by about two bars at the furthest corners and pegs the needle in the same room.

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the Airvana, and I stopped using it. It would enjoy letting me talk for about half an hour then dropping the call and refusing to allow me to make any further calls for another 15 minutes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie