1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default am i too hard on my phone?

I have a Google Samsung nexus s 4g. I've followed battery life tips from every forum I've read. I've done the following.

•Black wall paper provided by a forum poster.
    •Turned sync accounts off
    •Dimmed the screen to the lowest setting.
    •Downloaded a battery saver application.
    •Turned off NFC.

The main thing I do with my phone is watch videos on sites that require flash. And play MMO type games like Iruna Online. I used to be able to do one or the other with no problems. Now all of a sudden, even while it's charging, my phone dies very slowly while watching episodes or playing Iruna. I thought maybe it was the "Battery defender" application, so I uninstall it and installed Juice Defender.

Earlier , my phone was dying faster than normal, so I checked battery usage, and display was using 93%. With black wallpaper and screen at dimmest setting. So I changed to a wallpaper from stock. A white and grey one, and it drop back down to 48%.

Am I too harsh with my phone? What's going on??

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Default Re: am i too hard on my phone?

If I understand the battery usage percents correctly, 93% means that of ALL of the things using the battery, the screen was using 93% of it. That does not tell you the actual amount of battery being used by the screen. Only how much battery it is using RELATIVE TO all of the things using the battery.

So, you need more information than just percents to know the amount of battery power something is using. You would need the total amount of power used over a given amount of time, and then apply the relative percent number to that. Make sense?

I would say your pretty harsh on the phone but I am no different. How long have you had it? Your extensive use may of damaged the battery. I play TigerGBA all the time on mine and it kills it pretty damn quick, but I have no issues on that charger. I forget the name but there is an app you can purchase that gets extra juice out of the charger.

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

No, the battery life on this phone is horrible. And its only gotten worse since the ICS update.

I wouldn't say it's horrible... use your phone smart and it should last fine.

Quote Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
    I would say your pretty harsh on the phone but I am no different. How long have you had it? Your extensive use may of damaged the battery. I play TigerGBA all the time on mine and it kills it pretty damn quick, but I have no issues on that charger. I forget the name but there is an app you can purchase that gets extra juice out of the charger.
    Do you have that app? The one to give you extra juice?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

No, thought about buying it, but I don't really need it.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Did you try swapping the battery? My phone lasts 1 day with normal usage easily and 2 days without normal use. Sounds like your battery is screwy.