Jelly bean update

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got my OTA in S. FLA!! Framework method worked for me first try this afternoon....after doing it about 50 times last night!

deltasig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I heard some people say they cleared google services and then the update came, how do you clear google services to give this a try? I hate this wait, but i guess its worth it for some Jelly Bean

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Correct, just hold down your capacitive search button and it will pull up your Google Now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mlief

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
got it here in NYC after clearing services a few times, however now Play Store does not work and when I uninstalled it I now have no app at all. How does one reinstall the Play Store?

droidtodd

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
got it here in NYC after clearing services a few times, however now Play Store does not work and when I uninstalled it I now have no app at all. How does one reinstall the Play Store?

Cleared Services Framework an unknown number of times (didn't keep track) and now it's coming down in Twin Cities, MN.

Looks like you have to just keep trying....

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Probably not, when you flashed the new radio you changed vital system files which will probably kill the OTA update. You may still receive the OTA notification but its a good possibility it will fail on install.

nfisheremti

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I heard some people say they cleared google services and then the update came, how do you clear google services to give this a try? I hate this wait, but i guess its worth it for some Jelly Bean

what he said...
what i think this means (please confirm):
settings, manage apps, running, google services, (i see 2 services running - networklocationservice and google messaging service), these both have warnings about stopping them. are these what i stop? thanks for helping the un-initiated.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using Nova Launcher? I want to check out the stock browser but I can't find a way to exit Nova. In GoLauncher, there is an exit option in the Launcher menu settings. No such thing in Nova, unless I am missing something.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

nfisheremti

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
ah, found it:
settings, manage apps, waaaaaaaay over to the right (unlabled), scroll down to "google services framework", force stop, "ok", clear data, "ok". back to home screen, settings, system settings, about phone, system updates, check now.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using Nova Launcher? I want to check out the stock browser but I can't find a way to exit Nova. In GoLauncher, there is an exit option in the Launcher menu settings. No such thing in Nova, unless I am missing something.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Go to 'Nova Settings' --> scroll down until you see "Select Default Home".

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Probably not, when you flashed the new radio you changed vital system files which will probably kill the OTA update. You may still receive the OTA notification but its a good possibility it will fail on install.

Well what's my options then Paul I don't wanna lock the bootloader again and wipe my data?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Because you can't flash it using the stock recovery... You need to unlock your bootloader and boot into a custom recovery like CWM/TWRP and then use that to flash/install it.

I downloaded the file put it on my SD unzipped the files and tried to flash using cwm but it kept aborting on me too

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Go to 'Nova Settings' --> scroll down until you see "Select Default Home".

Duh, totally missed that, thanks! Now, another question...how about the notification screen? The appearance is different, but no new actions available, such as expanding messages. I am using GoSms, but when I tap on the notification on the pull down screen, it does not expand, it just takes me to the GoSms app. Is this what it's supposed to do?

You guys are spoiling me, I usually find out this stuff by hours of fiddling around with things. Trial and error school, lol.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana