Jelly bean update

hjmillre

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any idea if the GSM version of Jelly Bean could be flashed to the NS4G if you don't need the CDMA radio to work? I recently upgraded my phone and no longer use my NS4G as my primary phone, but I still have it laying around and thought it might give me a glimpse of Jelly Bean. Even without the using the radio, I have occasionally used the phone to play music, check email, etc.

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any idea if the GSM version of Jelly Bean could be flashed to the NS4G if you don't need the CDMA radio to work? I recently upgraded my phone and no longer use my NS4G as my primary phone, but I still have it laying around and thought it might give me a glimpse of Jelly Bean. Even without the using the radio, I have occasionally used the phone to play music, check email, etc.

I think you might be headed to Brick City, but let us know what happens if you try it;)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I definitely wouldn't flash anything meant for GSM on your NS4G. Head over to XDA, there's a JB ROM on there that has almsot everything working.

tukarjabi

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Soon™, but since the NS4G binaries were released, we should see some ROMs coming out soon.....waiting patiently for Bugless......

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I definitely wouldn't flash anything meant for GSM on your NS4G. Head over to XDA, there's a JB ROM on there that has almsot everything working.

What exactly isn't working? I'm kinda afraid to step past root because I have hotspot and that was my true goal.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

kdgaydos

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought that I had read something about a Aug/Sep release but, I think that is for newer devices only. I would predict a "stable" and "official" release won't be out until late 2012 but, I'm just using the release of ICS as an example.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
U guys are gonna love it I just flashed this ROM today and I tell u this is what ICS should have been

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

mr_fro2000

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Posted on the root/rom thread as well... but i gotta say the AOSP Jelly bean link posted above netted solid solid results.

Jelly Bean is truly awesome so far... super smooth and stable and brings new life to our old phones!

Reactions: hlxanthus

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
jb is more like a service pack to hold us over till the next version.... don't get me wrong, i'm loving it! just saying.... :-X

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Seems like the Sprint 4G is always the very last when it comes to these updates... hopefully JB will make it's way here before Sept 21st when I anticipate making the jump to the new iPhone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888