Help to Determine App that is Draining Battery?

brettnussb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Over the past few days my battery has been absolutely garbage. Last night my phone died in 4 hours just after sending a few texts, making three calls and checking twitter about 5 times.

I noticed about every 10 seconds no matter if I am in an app or on the homepage with nothing open, both the up & down arrow show in the cell bars as its pulling data, but cannot figure out what app is causing this. I checked my battery use and is showing the large majority is display, but no way should my phone die in 4 hours.

Anyway other ways to determine the cause?

Gehrbox

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
What are showing as currently running apps?

Rebooted your phone to kill any out of control processes?

Dropped your phone lately?

Tried turning off location services?

brettnussb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
What are showing as currently running apps?-Settings, Dropbox, Facebook (listed twice), weather channel, scoremobile, go sms pro, go sms widget, k-9 mail, tripit, com.android.sprintmenu, google services, media, maps (listed twice), NoLED, Swiftkey

Rebooted your phone to kill any out of control processes? I've rebotted my phone 5X a day and even have tried battery pull...all weekend continues to die in 4-5 hours

Dropped your phone lately? Yes, but no damage

Tried turning off location services? Yes, not much help

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Try gsam battery used to be badass battery monitor it has a feature to let you know what has the highest draw on the battery

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

brettnussb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I stopped by the Sprint store and they said numerous people in Chicago are having a battery draining issue due to them replacing the network and wont be done until the end of summer. Anyone heard anything similar?

May-Are you referring to an app? Could you clarify your post?

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I stopped by the Sprint store and they said numerous people in Chicago are having a battery draining issue due to them replacing the network and wont be done until the end of summer. Anyone heard anything similar?

May-Are you referring to an app? Could you clarify your post?

Yes it is an app sorry for the confusion. It has a feature called app sucker and will let you know which apps or system resources that are using the battery the most

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes I've heard the same thing and can attest to horrible signal issues and problems all around.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Better Battery Stats will help you figure out which app is using battery and why.

Google it to grab a free copy from the developer on XDA's forums.

brettnussb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
May-I downloaded the app & let it run for a few days...how can I help determine what is causing my battery to drain so quickly? Its down to 66% in 2 hours with minimal use. 55% of usage is from the screen...and 36% from apps (10.8% from android system, 4% from kernel)

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow.. Had been wondering the same thing.. Live in Chicago and phone is draining hella fast of late..

I can also confirm this to be the true. Some days my battery life is great. Next with the towers being updated it's in the drain. Oh well. Lets hope by Fall the network is back to moving decent data speeds.