Sprint is rubbish

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi All

I love my NS4G but hating sprint at the moment. I can't call my own landline because they are 'upgrading the network'. They do not know how long that process will take. Ridiculous. Also, our bill keeps going up.

Has anyone had any success leaving and not having to pay ETF because of their poor quality service?

Thanks.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't have none of those issues and maybe u got a lemon instead of bashing sprint. And go to att or vzw and c how much yo bill is gonna RAISE up especially if u are a power user like myself who uses 10gb a month easy my bill has been the same for 8 months now cheap lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it has nothing to do with having a 'lemon'. I too haven't had many issues up until recently. We've been with them for 12 years, but over the last six months they have not been providing consistent service in our neighborhood of Baltimore.

When I spoke to Sprint today they accepted that they are not providing me with the appropriate service and are waving the ETF.

Time to get a Galaxy Nexus and go to a GSM network.

Looking forward to enjoying some speed and actually being able to download data and make calls.

kuoirad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it was probably the right move for your situation. Sucks that Sprint failed you there. I've been using them for something like 12 years, I guess, in two different areas now with no real problems.

Enjoy your GN - going to T-Mo or the Death Star?

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
sprint has been having service issues in many cities due to upgrading their towers. my service (just outside of Houston) was crap for months but its back to normal now

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am probably going T-Mobile on a monthly plan or something.

Yeah, they said it is because they are upgrading the network, but it is a big problem at the moment because our daughter is sick at home with her Grandmother (who doesnt have a cell phone) and so we need to be able to call the landline from our mobiles. What a pain.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Reasons I won't switch:
1 - My wife and I are now 'staggered'...her phone upgrade is about a year off schedule from mine, give or take a few months. This means no matter what, we'd have to pay an ETF unless one of us wanted to wait an extra year past their upgrade.
2 - Monthly bill (though the recently discovered "secret" family share plan on Verizon is actually very tempting).
3 - New devices for both of us. Even at subsidized pricing, we're talking about 300 to 400 dollars minimum. That plus an ETF would mean probably $500 out of pocket just to switch carriers.
Just not worth it to us right now. We've got a lot of other money stuff going on right now...but I do feel the pain of a crummy network at my house. Fortunately the new house we are moving to later this month SEEMS to have a better signal (both 3G and 4G), so at least we can finally dump the stupid Airave.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it has nothing to do with having a 'lemon'. I too haven't had many issues up until recently. We've been with them for 12 years, but over the last six months they have not been providing consistent service in our neighborhood of Baltimore.

When I spoke to Sprint today they accepted that they are not providing me with the appropriate service and are waving the ETF.

Time to get a Galaxy Nexus and go to a GSM network.

Looking forward to enjoying some speed and actually being able to download data and make calls.

Isn't Baltimore undergoing network vision upgrades right now?? I'm pretty sure they are so your going to interrupted service. That's a good problem.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I worked with Sprint for 3 months to get out of my contract due to deteriorating speeds in my area after I was locked into my contract. After all those hoops we jumped though, Sprint said sorry speeds not guaranteed and closed the case.

At this point I filed an FCC complaint for false advertising and misleading marketing. A week later I received a letter in the mail from the FCC with the communications they had with Sprint and that day their executive support contacted me and offered me an out ETF free if I sent back our Nexus S 4Gs.

Looking at going the contract free route with an unlocked Galaxy Nexus on Tmo/ATT. Might wait til Nov/Dec. though to see what the new Nexus is.

Good luck!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Or how bout u hold your sprint account for 9 bucks a month until network vision is done then come back easy to do

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Isn't Baltimore undergoing network vision upgrades right now?? I'm pretty sure they are so your going to interrupted service. That's a good problem.

It's a good problem, unless you have a family emergency and actually need to get hold of someone. In which case, what's the point of having a cell phone?!

They don't know how long the upgrades will take and I am not willing to keep the account open, even at $9.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm at the same crossroads....sort of.......I hope your daughter gets well.....but I am finally, after 13 years, getting sick of the speeds(lack there of......) I have 4 lines and all are staggered also.....seriously thinking of just moving one line at a time to att ........gsm nexus is where I want to be.......would be a slow process( last contract expires 20 months from now....) but I think it might be best

Reactions: evansgw

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I paid a $50 etf to leave Sprint and would happily do it again. My days of under 1mbps data speed are over!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: evansgw

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz