Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone able to beam videos, pictures with CM10?

I tried doing Android Beam between a Nexus S 4G with Cyanogenmod 9 and a Nexus 7 with Jelly Bean but I discovered (from a search online) that ICS doesn't allow beaming pics and vids. So I'm wondering if CM10 (Cyanogenmod Jelly Bean) has this capability?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I think your mistaken my friend I use the beam with both my friends one has a galaxy nexus and the other a sgs3

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Anyone able to beam videos, pictures with CM10?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    I think your mistaken my friend I use the beam with both my friends one has a galaxy nexus and the other a sgs3

I think you're mistaken. Google themselves have stated that ICS cannot beam photos or videos via NFC. You realize you're using Jelly Bean on your phone? JB can beam these things, I just wanted to be sure it worked with CM10's version of JellyBean.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

How does NFC work then on my phone BEFORE I FLASHED jellybean and the sgs3 is on ICS and beam videos and photos that's the main feature u c on the commercials

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

AND how am I mistaken if we do it daily I think U AND DUDE MISTAKIN

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Well the sgs3 can do it on ics and I've seen it with a ns4g on ICS and a sgs3 with ICS

The sg3 uses S-beam which allows the transfer of videos and pictures. I know Mellimel22 clams he transferred videos and photos to his friend who was using a nexus. I have no explanation for this, maybe the S-beam somehow allowed you to transfer photos and videos to other phones?
    As for the original question no. I am on cm10 on both my nexus 7 and my gs2 lte and have tried beaming photos and videos, but neither seem to work.