So what's the deal Sprint/Google?

tukarjabi

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Waiting patiently for the JB update for the NS4G......but then i see the SGSIII is getting JB before we are?? Something doesn't seem right with this.......

Tuk

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Waiting patiently for the JB update for the NS4G......but then i see the SGSIII is getting JB before we are?? Something doesn't seem right with this.......

Tuk

Sprint Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S 4G users are waiting on Sprint to test and approve the OS. Google has no control over what Sprint is doing as it is a limitation of CDMA devices.

Google has finished the needed files for Jelly Bean on the NS4G but it's just up to Sprint as to when THEY are ready to release it.

If you don't like this, the only thing I can tell you is to leave Sprint and go with a GSM carrier with a Play Store Galaxy Nexus. That is the one and only way you will receive updates on time.

Yes, you can root and ROM but that's simply not practical and that's not what most people care about anyway.

We DO have an answer however. Sprint representative "Watts_" on Sprint's forums has stated that the Galaxy Nexus owners will be lucky to see Jelly Bean before the end of the first six months of the OS's release. Basically, both NS4G and GNex CDMA (Sprint) owners will probably see the update around January 2013.

Sprint Community: Galaxy Nexus yet to receive "Jelly Bean" update!