Google Play issue after resetting Google framework services

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
While waiting for JB, I did the 'clear data and clear cache ' of course with no results, however ever since then I can access Google Play but I am unable to download anything. I get an error message saying the server cannot be reached. I have signed out and back in with no luck. What am I missing? I searched the forum but no luck. Help! I included a screenshot of error message. NS4G, stock, not rooted 4.0.4.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347300633890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347300633890.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 171

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you have the option to "Uninstall Updates" on the Play Store app then give that a shot, if it works great! It should re update the Play Store then again on its own.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have the option to "Uninstall Updates" on the Play Store app then give that a shot, if it works great! It should re update the Play Store then again on its own.

Okay, I did that, did a battery pull, resigned into Google (on their home page), tried to download an update to an app, again, got an error code; " ...could not be downloaded due to an error (-101) Any other suggestions? At the worst, I suppose, JB will fix that, but I would like to update a few apps while I'm waiting and waiting. :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Interesting..... Ya JB would in theory overwrite it and give you a new Google Play Store but still what a bunch of BS.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is a know, intermittent side effect of doing what you did. Try forcing a download from your browser. It'll eventually right itself though.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I did it too and mostly all Apps went wonky, reset my phone and downloaded everything again, no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

steraser

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I did that, did a battery pull, resigned into Google (on their home page), tried to download an update to an app, again, got an error code; " ...could not be downloaded due to an error (-101) Any other suggestions? At the worst, I suppose, JB will fix that, but I would like to update a few apps while I'm waiting and waiting. :D

Exact same issues here. Hopefully JB installs okay and fixes the issue.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Exact same issues here. Hopefully JB installs okay and fixes the issue.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Why didn't anyone mention this in all the 'clear Google framework' posts? This bothers me. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

eriaa01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
check if you accidentally disabled the framework services when doing the force stop/clear data...if so, enable it again and see if that helps.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I got JB OTA today and that seemed to fix the problem. I never realized how much I depend on market apps. :eek:

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
This is why you DON'T do the framework trick as it will break things until you finally get the OTA....

It doesn't happen to everyone though. For instance, my fianc?e's has been fine. Is it risky, yes, but this certainly isn't a 100% certain result/effect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
It's happened to enough people that it's gotten most people on XDA who used to support doing it to tell people NOT to do it.

It's simply not a smart thing to do if you don't know how to fix the problem as even if it's not a 100% for sure thing, the chance of it happening is still rather high.

It's easier to just fastboot the OTA than break something while trying to stop an essential Google service.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's happened to enough people that it's gotten most people on XDA who used to support doing it to tell people NOT to do it.

It's simply not a smart thing to do if you don't know how to fix the problem as even if it's not a 100% for sure thing, the chance of it happening is still rather high.

It's easier to just fastboot the OTA than break something while trying to stop an essential Google service.

Don't disagree with you. Flashing the ota is safer, no doubt. Just mentioning that it's not a 100% probable effect.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't disagree with you. Flashing the ota is safer, no doubt. Just mentioning that it's not a 100% probable effect.

Yah, it's not 100% but I'd personally say it's a lot riskier than flashing the OTA yourself. Sure, you could screw that up too, but you could also fix it easier.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yah, it's not 100% but I'd personally say it's a lot riskier than flashing the OTA yourself. Sure, you could screw that up too, but you could also fix it easier.

Yup. Have factory images been released, or only zip?

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Yah, the factory images are in http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g/207636-ns4g-jelly-bean-files-get-get-get.html this thread.

Some guy from XDA got them a few hours before the OTA started pushing.

He actually walked into a Sprint store, asked for the OTA, they put it in a flash drive knowing full well he'd spread it on the internet (he even said he would) and he left the store and did just that. Thus we had those files about 4 hours before the OTA hit.

That random act of kindness (and oddness, really...who does this? That's grounds for immediate firing I'd say...) is super awesome.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yah, the factory images are in http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g/207636-ns4g-jelly-bean-files-get-get-get.html this thread.

Some guy from XDA got them a few hours before the OTA started pushing.

He actually walked into a Sprint store, asked for the OTA, they put it in a flash drive knowing full well he'd spread it on the internet (he even said he would) and he left the store and did just that. Thus we had those files about 4 hours before the OTA hit.

That random act of kindness (and oddness, really...who does this? That's grounds for immediate firing I'd say...) is super awesome.

Oh wow. Because I don't believe they existed beforehand, are least past unofficial means.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante