Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Default Re: Significant decrease in battery life with JB

Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    I'm getting killed by Mediaserver (28% in this instance) and Android OS (30%). Maps is up there, but not horrible - 10%.
    The media server just started after we had that outage to sync to the Google servers.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Something is seriously wrong with this update, my battery is dying in 4 hours.... Here more going to try a reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier

It really has to do with Google now. Depending on what you have set for cards it updated almost every 15 mins. I turned off traffic to see how much better my battery is. Still maps runs way to much. Even with latitude off. Very frustrating. Might try air kernel or just run another custom rom.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

I turned Google Now off and disabled Exchange Services. I'm using Enhanced Email and my battery life is fantastic now. The only issue is that there is an issue with the Google Play store that installs EE in the SD area. I am waiting for a refund, then I will pay the developer and download directly from his site. Should be in pretty good shape then. Once I get email working well, I may try Now again.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

I've got Google Now turned off and am still getting non-optimal battery life. Not horrible, but worse than I've seen since I bought the phone a little over a year ago. Pondering a Factory Reset.

I'm backing up my Nexus 4G and reseting the phone. I make sure to back up now since last time it wiped the SD card on reseting the phone, I thought it was not suppose to wipe the SD card if your reseting the phone. Good thing I backed it up.
    :-(

Goodluck.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Looking at a few other things - it seems that my wifi doesn't ever turn off. I've previously had it set to stay on "Only when plugged in", and tried putting it to "Never". No change as of yet. Anyone with a thought?

All is well now.... After the reset.

opteron7, give me an update in a day or so to let me know if the reset helped.

Nope it didn't help. Os is at 76% when I went to bed last night it had a full charge, woke up this morning its at 28%....arghhh calling sprint to complain. Keep in mind I have the seido 1750mah battery. I was able to go the whole day with out a charge. And I need this phone for work its my bread maker when on the road.

Thanks let me know how you make out. I have had teh same issues and haven't found out what t odo. I just keep it charged as much as I can.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier

Do you guys have google now off? Location services turned off? WiFi on? That is massive drain over night. On ICS I had about 4-5% drop over night. Now I'm about 8%-10% over night. Still high.

I personally have everything on. Why turn it off if Jellybean was meant to have these programs running? I totally understand that turning them of will help the battery problems but I am hoping for a better solution to arrive.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hi-tech View Post
    I personally have everything on. Why turn it off if Jellybean was meant to have these programs running? I totally understand that turning them of will help the battery problems but I am hoping for a better solution to arrive.
    I, too, hope for the arrival of a better solution but I need my battery to last longer so I have no issues with disabling the culprits.

My Ne×us stays plugged in so much we might as well call it a LAN line. I'm just glad it came with a charger.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vg7702 View Post
    Everything with the JB updated runs smoothly and is much more polished. However I am noticing significant battery drain coming from Google wallet. Each day I have to force stop wallet upon turning the device on to keep Google wallet from using over 40% of battery. I do not use wallet and have NFC turned off so this is annoying step to conserve battery.
    I was having a similar problem with Wallet starting up unnecessarily. I turned NFC back on and Wallet stopped this annoying behavior. It no longer starts up, now that I have NFC on.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,533 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post
    I'm backing up my Nexus 4G and reseting the phone. I make sure to back up now since last time it wiped the SD card on reseting the phone, I thought it was not suppose to wipe the SD card if your reseting the phone. Good thing I backed it up.
    :-(

Goodluck.

Under settings data wipe its an option to wipe the SD card to uncheck that box and it will only wipe the phone

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Do you guys have google now off? Location services turned off? WiFi on? That is massive drain over night. On ICS I had about 4-5% drop over night. Now I'm about 8%-10% over night. Still high.
    I've pretty much narrowed the culprit down to mobile data (3G/4G). I don't know if it's the nature of CDMA or if this phone just isn't set up to manage it correctly...or if it's universal with all carriers...but when I am just on mobile data I usually need a recharge from nearly empty (the percentage in the teens) by 1 pm.

On the other hand, if I'm on my home wifi, I can unplug, run it the whole day and even leave it unplugged overnight and still have over 20% charge remaining when I get up in the morning.

On Mine, it is the screen using the most battery, 78% today and I have hardly used the phone??
    Why would the screen be using so much battery when it is not in use?

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I've pretty much narrowed the culprit down to mobile data (3G/4G). I don't know if it's the nature of CDMA or if this phone just isn't set up to manage it correctly...or if it's universal with all carriers...but when I am just on mobile data I usually need a recharge from nearly empty (the percentage in the teens) by 1 pm.

On the other hand, if I'm on my home wifi, I can unplug, run it the whole day and even leave it unplugged overnight and still have over 20% charge remaining when I get up in the morning.
    Yes, if you have marginal signal with Sprint, your battery gets murdered.

It can help to turn off your 4G radio if you don't have coverage, or very spotty coverage, in your area.

the first few days after the JB update, i was having tons of up/down traffic on CDMA and battery life was trashed. its stopped doing that now and the battery is fine...

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/Franco

Followed advice from another thread that advised to clear data on media service, pull battery for 10 minutes, then reboot. I've seen a great improvement in battery life.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    skinneejay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    Yes, if you have marginal signal with Sprint, your battery gets murdered.

It can help to turn off your 4G radio if you don't have coverage, or very spotty coverage, in your area.
    Nope...at home AND at work I get almost full bars. The 3G & 4G both burn the battery pretty quick in both places.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by berrydroidapple View Post
    Followed advice from another thread that advised to clear data on media service, pull battery for 10 minutes, then reboot. I've seen a great improvement in battery life.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    I'll try this.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by berrydroidapple View Post
    I don't see a Media Service on my phone, unless I'm missing it. Media Storage, yes.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast