How to revert back to ICS from JB

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
How can I do this? Is there a place where I can find the ICS installation files? Jelly Bean is overall running very poorly on my phone and I need to get back to the relative stability of ICS.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you rooted? To run that restore program, you must atleast have your bootloader unlocked (when doing so it completely wipes your device). Also if you restore an older version of android like ICS then it will just prompt you to update again.

That all being said, what exactly is going wrong with your device? Perhaps we can recommend something that may help.

BobSmiley

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I am not rooted and I have the Nexus S 4g on Sprint. My problem is that it lags when clicking icons. it is slow to switch screens. Trying to get to the camera from the lock screen takes forever and i cant message a photo to more than one person at a time. I want ICS back but have no backup files.

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
a factory reset always solves lag issues after a major update for me. keep in mind that there will be a lot of data transferring going on in the background for about a day or so after

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
a factory reset always solves lag issues after a major update for me. keep in mind that there will be a lot of data transferring going on in the background for about a day or so after

Same, after I did a factory reset, everything was much smoother.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781