How do I stop Maps from running in background?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
After taking the phone off the charger this morning, I see that Google Maps has used 12% of the battery despite me not using the app, nor using anything with location services (except for the weather app for about 30 seconds once this morning). How do i keep it from running in the background and eating so much battery?

pingcharlie

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Check the Google app that replace "places" (I forgot what it's now called but it has a red icon. After turning else everything off, I found that app was running the Maps process. That fixed the problem for me.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem as you with 40% of my battery being used by Maps.If you toggle on Google Now then it automatically turns on various other Google services within the Maps app.

Open Maps>Settings>Location > from there you can turn off Latitude and other google services that track you where abouts.

After making the changes maps no longer uses up my battery life.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem as you with 40% of my battery being used by Maps.If you toggle on Google Now then it automaticalle you can turn off Latitude and other google services that track you where abouts.

After making the changes maps no longer uses up my battery life.
i checked and the only settings i have checked is location history. local and latitude are both disabled, yet the maps app is always running

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz