Ford Sync no longer streams my bluetooth audio.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
When i had that problem i cleared problem by resetting my Sync.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

rickmktg

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The issue is clearly with the changes that JellyBean made. I have to cycle through each time until I get to Bluetooth audio. I really don't care to stream my music, I want Google Nav to work. However, I have to do this EACH TIME to get it to work and then my music (FM or CD) doesn't play because I've changed the source. It used to work fine pre-BT. My "fix" was to uncheck media on the phone from syncing, so the phone works fine BT but Navigation comes out the phone's speaker. Ford is way behind on keeping their technology even reasonably current.

Fusion Reaper

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Im having the same issue as well I have a 2008 fusion se and I use to play music from my cell tablet ect. And now im having conection issues as well it dose not stream music when it is connected but I get my calls like normal im going to try the fuse hing and see if it works

mando414

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
any updates on this....i just got a 2014 ford mustang and i have a epic 4g touch bluetooth audio was working for like two weeks and just now stopped, i have tryed everything listed above except removing the fuse or disconnecting the battery, any ideas?

jeffweaver25

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I own a 2011 Fusion. I can tell you right now. If your blue-tooth audio connection stops working (and usually sync stops accepting voice commands), give up all other efforts. You have no choice but to live with it OR disconnect your (car) battery for a few minutes, then reconnect it. Every time this happens, I promise myself I will never, ever gain buy another Ford. It's been a problem for years, and they should fix it, and then offer a recall (to apply the fix) for all the affected vehicles.

However, for $2.00 you can keep a small adjustable wrench in your car. Just unhook the negative terminal of the battery (the one that doesn't corrode). Make sure everything is turned off first (including door lights, etc.) It may take a bit of work since there is not much play in the cable. I use the wrench to pry it up once I loosen the bolt. Wait a minute or two. Then put it back on and tighten. IF YOU DO THIS and turn on your radio, wait a minute or two - it takes a while for the system to reinitialize. Don't panic because now nothing seems to work. After it finishes booting up, all my presets and bliue-tooth pairings are still there (but it does take a minute or two). And I am good until the next time this annoyance strikes.

Last edited:

mando414

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I was able to fix it by removing the sync fuse for like 10 seconds and putting it back in I think it was fuse number 3 u have to check ur manual consider the situation solved

Jakals

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I had the same problem that you are experiencing with my new Ford Fiesta ST 2013. The fix was very simple. the solution as follows

1. I removed all BT devices on the Ford SYNC
2. Switch off your BT device
3. Remane your BT on your phone/device
4. Switch BT on.
5. Connect your phone/device with Ford SYNC by following the steps.

and then you are sorted, It worked for me.

Hope this helps gents

Saad Aljerayed

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
IF you have a focus here is what you have to do it has nothing to do with jelly bean

Click on media sync button top of phone

then click on menu button it will ask you for media source click OK
then click up button tell you see USB or line in or Bluetooth media

select Bluetooth media and you are set that what works .

Mikenizme

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I can confirm that by disconnecting the battery (ford focus 2013 make (UK) makes the bloody thing work again. By far is easier and quicker than attempting to get to the fusebox.
I can also confirm that by doing master reset on Sync or by adding/removing devices (including factory reset on the phone) will not make it work, not in my case any way. My problems started after I've done a service on the car. The phone I'm using is a HTC One.
So, as a piece of advice - remove the battery cover and leave it like that for 10 seconds. It will def work after. All I'm praying now is that the bloody thing stay like that and that i wont have to do this every other week.
Regards,

Mikenizme

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
check my last reply to the thread. Don't bother with anything else, just disconnect the battery leave it for 10 - 20 seconds and then connected again (3 min job tops)

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok. I have been thru this at least 6 times in the 6 months I have had my 2011 Fusion. Usually, I can pull the fuse (#13) and re-sync my Droid Razor Maxx, no problem. Now, my Bluetooth keeps turning off every time I try to re-sync. It is very frustrating. Its like what is the point of having all this crap if it DOESN'T WORK!!

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I own a 2011 Fusion. I can tell you right now. If your blue-tooth audio connection stops working (and usually sync stops accepting voice commands), give up all other efforts. You have no choice but to live with it OR disconnect your (car) battery for a few minutes, then reconnect it. Every time this happens, I promise myself I will never, ever gain buy another Ford. It's been a problem for years, and they should fix it, and then offer a recall (to apply the fix) for all the affected vehicles.

I know this is really old, but this just fixed my issue. Motorola even sent me a replacement phone and all I had to do was pull my CAR battery. What a stupid, but simple, fix!!

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try the Battery Pull this week and I hope it works.

My RazrMaxxHD started this Bluetooth skipping thing in my 2009 Ford Taurus Sync right after the Kit-Kat update. It worked perfectly for years before that update. I deleted and re-added all the profiles in my phone and car, factory reset my phone. Now Streaming in my car is impossible. Was looking through these forums for signs that the issue is not my car nor anything I can correct on my phone but I will try the battery pull and let you know how it goes.

TBPTCHT

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Had same problem in my 2011 F150. All aspects of Sync worked fine for entire time of ownership until the other day. For some unknown reason BT media stopped working; "no BT devices available", despite the phone feature continuing to work fine. Tried master reset, etc.. The thing that worked was removing Neg. battery cable for a couple of minutes.

Roy Ervin

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have just recently purchased a 2011 f150 and bt audio worked great for about 1 and a half months than exact same issue..says no bt audio available will try and connect..blah blah blah ..nothing..although phone works on voice command through bt..i have to pull my negative battery everytime this happens? no solution heard of ehh guys like software update from Ford?

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Update, Pulling the Battery on the car did nothing. To be fair, there is a Ford Sync update that I have not gotten yet but here's the kicker. The streaming problem is NOT isolated to the car system. Any of you that think it is, then test it on another Bluetooth system and let us know how that goes.

I have a Motorola S705 Stereo Headset that worked perfectly for years also but now has the same skipping problem. What I’ve noticed now is that after about 10min of listening to it skip, I’m noticing that is actually warping the sound like slowing down a record player, then stops the music completely. I have to go into the player and push play again. It’s doing this on 3 different music players including Google’s own music player. I also recently tried another 'New' Bluetooth speaker that also skips.

All of this is such BS. I think the problem is in the software and related to the KitKat update. It seems to skip more while updating Running Apps. Like the processor struggles to stream music in order to update other apps. That's what it seems like to me.

I just don't know if I can stand it anymore. Guess these super brain Android developers are going to force me to buy an iPhone so that I can stream again. My theory is that they continuously create new crap to cram into the OS that it forces you to buy a new model to handle all the processes. Keeps you having to upgrade the phone.

My device is a couple years old with only 1gb of ram and I believe all the problem occurs when it creeps to about 700mb. Maybe the KitKat OS is just plain using more RAM than the previous OS. Anybody out there have a 2gb RAM device on KitKat that is having the same issue?

Last edited:

JessikaK

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys - I have had exactly the same issue and have done all the usual - resetting the car, restarting the phone etc. They were only temporary solutions. This is what works for me every time:

On the phone, go to Settings. Under Wireless & Networks, choose Bluetooth. You should have a list of paired devices. Find SYNC in the list. Click on the Settings icon to the right of SYNC. Under Profiles, untick Media audio, then re-tick it. Come out of the menus on your phone. Click AUX on the car, open your Music app and press Play. It should now work.

Hope that helps :)

FlashFan

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my GS4 and resolved it by updating the sync software. Log into owner.ford.com and follow sync update instructions from there assuming your sync software is not already upgraded to the latest version. I recall downloading the new sync software onto a USB stick from my laptop, plugging the USB stick into my cars USB port, and then following the install steps that the ford website provided.

sunshynlady1974

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I own a 2014 Ford Escape (the most basic model you can get with base model Sync). I've been able to stream Slacker, YouTube, etc with no issues up until about 2 weeks ago when it just quit. I was streaming, got a phone call, disconnected the call once done, and...NO MORE AUDIO. I've been able to use my phone just fine through the bluetooth in the car, but no streaming audio worked AT ALL. I tried everything as far is master reset, power cycling my phone, unpairing and pairing, forget the device, you name it.

Disconnecting the battery is a no go, since the design of the car is not made for just anyone to reach the negative post. I found the fuse box under the glove compartment (as per the owner's manual, of course). I disconnected the fuse marked "F67" for "SYNC, Multifunction display, Global positioning system module". Once I disconnected it, I powered my car off, let it set for about a minute, put the fuse back in, and started the car. Bluetooth was still set up, so all I had to do is go through the menu to listen to bluetooth audio. I was happy to find that IT WORKS!!!!

Fastfwd75

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks to everyone that provided the disconnect battery/pull fuse idea.

My problem was with the iPhone 6s and Ford sync in a 2011 escape.

I sometimes in the past had problems where I had to turn off/on bluetooth on the phone before sync would connect. Also had to do a master reset 1 or 2 times. But this time sync microphone would not even work and going to connect bluetooth via dash buttons would only give me the "connect" 2 seconds wait "bluetooth media disconnected".

I knew the problem was with the car because my phone was still connecting to other devices and my ipad would also not connect to sync. Removed sync, rebooted phone, master reset on sync, turn off/on car. Nothing worked.

So I googled it, found this tread and pulled the #3 fuse at passenger's feet compartment; real easy on the 2011 escape. And it works right away :)

Thanks again. Saved me a visit to the dealer and big $$$ for a simple 3 second pull fuse operation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa