Ford Sync no longer streams my bluetooth audio.

timvracer

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Well, I also have a 2011 Fusion and now have this issue. Interestingly, I did have my car recently serviced -- although it still worked after that. As I parked for work one day, it suddenly just stopped playing audio, and I have tried everything (Master reset, pulling phone battery, etc.) to no avail. It sounds like the battery disconnect on the Fusion is the solve, I might try that.

Then again, I might try pushing the damn thing over a cliff on highway 1, and using the insurance money to get a new car that has a bluetooth system that works!!

fusion owner

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Well, I also have a 2011 Fusion and now have this issue. Interestingly, I did have my car recently serviced -- although it still worked after that. As I parked for work one day, it suddenly just stopped playing audio, and I have tried everything (Master reset, pulling phone battery, etc.) to no avail. It sounds like the battery disconnect on the Fusion is the solve, I might try that.

Then again, I might try pushing the damn thing over a cliff on highway 1, and using the insurance money to get a new car that has a bluetooth system that works!!

I have a 2011 Fusion, took it for service, battery replacement, after that my sync stopped working and Bluetooth on car continously said 'bluetooth off'. Did all resets on car, still no luck. Looked at this site, tried pulling fuse, no luck. disconnected ground (black) cable from battery for 30 seconds, reconnected battery, and everything started working again, immediately!

rawkfanseth

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys - I have had exactly the same issue and have done all the usual - resetting the car, restarting the phone etc. They were only temporary solutions. This is what works for me every time:

On the phone, go to Settings. Under Wireless & Networks, choose Bluetooth. You should have a list of paired devices. Find SYNC in the list. Click on the Settings icon to the right of SYNC. Under Profiles, untick Media audio, then re-tick it. Come out of the menus on your phone. Click AUX on the car, open your Music app and press Play. It should now work.

Hope that helps :)
Holy crap. This worked. After two system resets, and taking out my phone battery I was about to head to the store to buy a socket wrench to disconnect my car battery. Glad I tried this first.

Thank you!!!! :) :) :)

aow99

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Registered on this board just to share that I've hit this issue twice in my f150. The first time I fixed it, I was trying to find the fuse for the bluetooth and ended up starting to pull the main fuse out. At that point I realized I had no idea what I was doing and just put things back as they were. The next morning, everything worked. I attributed it to a loose fuse. Fast forward a few months, now when I hit play on my phone, the bluetooth device says its disconnected. I tried several things and then googled it and found this thread. I'm sharing this because it appears there is some sort of hang in the system that requires a reboot to fix.

Reboot the Sync if it gets stuck! :)

Blagh9mm

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

Two days after I got Jelly Bean, my Nexus S 4G stopped streaming bluetooth audio to my 2008 Ford Focus via Ford Sync. I can still say "Bluetooth Audio" and it connects my phone and says that it is streaming. My phone confirms that it is connected via bluetooh but it won't play music (unless I turn off the bluetooth button at the top right of the music app and make it play through the phone's speakers). It may be worth noting that using my car's "next track" buttons do NOT change the track that is supposedly streaming from my phone. Notification sounds still play through my car, however.

What I've done so far:

1.) I made sure the volume was up on both my phone and my car (obvious, I know...)
2.) I unpaired my phone with the car and repaired twice with the same results.
3.) I confirmed that my phone will still stream bluetooth audio to other bluetooth devices.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I got mine to work on my 2012 Ford Focus. Disconnecting the battery didn't work but by taking out the Bluetooth fuse (located under the glove box) and putting it back in it works 100%. Not too difficult to get to, you may want to use some needle nose pliers to help you pull the fuse out. My phone is an HTC M9.

beckabock12

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey.

Easier fix Get someone to call your phone when in the car.
Try and answer and 9 times out of 10 it wont be able to.
following this the screen will freeze.
Then take the key out the car and open the door. This will turn the electrics off.
Then put the key back in so electrics come on.
After a few minutes sync will have initialised and music should work.
I do this everytime the sync stops. Its not a permanent fix but good if you really need it to restart.

Steve Girot

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I was able to fix it by removing the sync fuse for like 10 seconds and putting it back in I think it was fuse number 3 u have to check ur manual consider the situation solved

I can also confirm fuse removal works. 5 amp fuse on the top right of the fuse box. Remove the panel under the wheel, remove the fuse cover, pull the sync fuse for 10 seconds and put it back, good to go. Check manual for more details on fuse location

RobStevens1701

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

Two days after I got Jelly Bean, my Nexus S 4G stopped streaming bluetooth audio to my 2008 Ford Focus via Ford Sync. I can still say "Bluetooth Audio" and it connects my phone and says that it is streaming. My phone confirms that it is connected via bluetooh but it won't play music (unless I turn off the bluetooth button at the top right of the music app and make it play through the phone's speakers). It may be worth noting that using my car's "next track" buttons do NOT change the track that is supposedly streaming from my phone. Notification sounds still play through my car, however.

What I've done so far:

1.) I made sure the volume was up on both my phone and my car (obvious, I know...)
2.) I unpaired my phone with the car and repaired twice with the same results.
3.) I confirmed that my phone will still stream bluetooth audio to other bluetooth devices.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Had the same problem. Tried all the above - reset factory defaults, master reset, delete and re-pair, the whole 9 yards. None of it worked. Finally, disconnected the battery cable for about 30 seconds. Lost all my radio presets, but the Bluetooth started working again. Hopefully, this is a one-time glitch. I would hate to have to reset it this way every time if it turns out to be a recurring issue. Next thread: how to update Sync firmware.

MENINBLK

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have an 08 Mountaineer Premier V8 AWD with NAV.
My ASUS Zenfone2 has never been able to stream blutooth audio while running Lollipop or Marshmallow.
I also have an 09 Taurus X in which the blutooth audio streams perfectly.
Both vehicles have had Sync updated to the latest version by my dealer because the Sync My Ride website said it was a dealer only update.
I have done all the radio resets you all have done and nothing works.
I am going to try the battery reset and see if that does anything...

Pete...

Steve Hoppy

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I've had this problem with SYNC on a 2014 Ford C-Max Titanium but only in the last few weeks any way i had done master reset many times to no avail, but just a few hours a go I first did Reset to Factory Defaults, then I did Master Reset, then Reset to Factory Defaults for a second time and it all come back to life connected to phone a Samsung S4.

allenwei

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Every time I have to restart my iphone in order to connect with bluetooth. since I update to ios 10.2 SYNC is no longer working anymore.

Steph_R2010

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
I have a Ford Fiesta 2015 and a Note 4.When my phone is connected to blue tooth it works great for about 3 to 4 weeks and then the microphone in the car gose out. I have taken it to the dealership 5 times for this issue. They have no idea what's wrong with it and are having me not sync my phone at all for 30 days to see if the mirophone gose out to try and see if it's the phone causing it or the car. It's so frustrating because without the phone being connected it makes it worthless. I wanted my phone to be able to be connected not just for music but for safety then I'm not having to look at phone to change songs, read texts, or answer the phone plus in case of an emergency I can call someone with just a touch of the button on the steering wheel. Has anyone had this issue? Any suggestions? Ford wants to just blame it on the phone. But mu phone is newer then the car and it is on their approved list of phones

GarsDuLac

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I tried everything mentioned above and the only think that finally worked was to pull out the Sync fuse and put it back after 5 sec. Thank you for all the suggestions.

lycan_warlord

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Note 4. 2015 F150. Pulled fuse (passenger side panel. Media was allowed to connect once it finished rebooting.

I had previously tried phone reset. Unpairing Bluetooth. Master reset on sync even.

Fuse is the only thing that worked

FordXLT2009Earth

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
I was able to fix it by removing the sync fuse for like 10 seconds and putting it back in I think it was fuse number 3 u have to check ur manual consider the situation solved

OK!!! - I've been googling for a couple of days now. I've seen a lot of "Fuse restarting" solutions, which I'm thinking there has to be a better way of doing this...

I do work with software daily, so I wanted to go through the whole system selection to see if there were any options I missed... THERE WAS. I am not saying this SYNC menu selection is fool proof, it's a hassle to go through and hopefully it sticks once selected.

****Make sure to set up your Bluetooth before this. I assume you already did just like me and the SYNC was not playing music through the system.

Push the MENU button
Use the arrow down or up to SELECT SOURCE
Push the OK button
Use the arrow down or up to BLUETOOTH AUDIO

at this point it selects your phone since it was already set up as a Bluetooth device.

and YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was starting to get buyer's remorse after a week of buying a "newer" vehicle hoping to play music off my phone. I hope you now enjoy your vehicle HANDS FREE. (wireless) :-jammin

Anangel01

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: Ford Sync no lottonger streams my bluetooth audio.

I've tried that in my 2016 piece of garbage. I can't even tell you how many times I've punched my Steering wheel lately because sync is the worst. I have all the issues, voice commands not working, audio not playing and it's annoying. I had a 2008 Lincoln mkx and I NEVER had a single issue. Even setting up Bluetooth was a trillion times easier. I hate ford and will never again buy one. Which I don't actually understand because ford is Lincoln. Anyway it's annoying and it makes me angry, oh so angry.

coQ10

May 11, 2017
Visit site
I recently purchased a 2011 Focus with SYNC. The last time the SYNC system was updated was 2010. About once a week bluetooth audio and the ability to hear responses would fail. The only remedy was disconnecting the battery. I was able to update the software and it fixed the issues. Updating software was an ordeal. The directions from Ford were way off and I had to try 4 different USB drives before I found one that the system recognized. The correct menu to install on my vehicle was under install applications in system menu. The process takes at least 10 minutes. My final message displayed on the screen was "installation complete".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12