Ford Sync no longer streams my bluetooth audio.

TheAndroidocrat0

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Two days after I got Jelly Bean, my Nexus S 4G stopped streaming bluetooth audio to my 2008 Ford Focus via Ford Sync. I can still say "Bluetooth Audio" and it connects my phone and says that it is streaming. My phone confirms that it is connected via bluetooh but it won't play music (unless I turn off the bluetooth button at the top right of the music app and make it play through the phone's speakers). It may be worth noting that using my car's "next track" buttons do NOT change the track that is supposedly streaming from my phone. Notification sounds still play through my car, however.

What I've done so far:

1.) I made sure the volume was up on both my phone and my car (obvious, I know...)
2.) I unpaired my phone with the car and repaired twice with the same results.
3.) I confirmed that my phone will still stream bluetooth audio to other bluetooth devices.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

cgb77

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a 2012 Ford Focus last week and Sync worked fine until today. Now I have the same exact issue. I was already on Jelly Bean when I started using Sync and it worked for a week.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
If the 08 is like the 09, your fuse box is in a compartment under the steering wheel, and it's next to impossible to access the fuses, let alone pull or replace them. You'll probably want to look online for a schematic of which fuse does what and know which one you want to pull - otherwise, good luck!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

cgb77

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you already tried this, but here's what I did to fix mine:

Delete all Bluetooth devices
Turned off Bluetooth on my phone & turned it back on
Paired the phone with Sync
Set as Primary
Download phonebook (probably had no impact)
Set the Sync media source to Bluetooth media

and now it works again.

TheAndroidocrat0

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you already tried this, but here's what I did to fix mine:

Delete all Bluetooth devices
Turned off Bluetooth on my phone & turned it back on
Paired the phone with Sync
Set as Primary
Download phonebook (probably had no impact)
Set the Sync media source to Bluetooth media

and now it works again.

Yup, I have done this 3 times now.

Sync still transfers my calls and notifications through to my car speakers, but not the music stream. I'm so confused. Probably need to try pulling this fuse people keep talking about.

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I know this may sound very trivial, but have you tried power cycling your phone? I have an FM bluetooth transmitter in my car and sometimes my NS4G would play phone calls and the navigation system voice through the speakers successfully, but not music. It was the oddest thing. I tried restarting my phone when this happened and voila, music would start playing fine! It's worth a try I think if you haven't done it already.

TheAndroidocrat0

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Yup I've tried cycling the power, turning on and off the bluetooth, and deleting all of the bluetooth devices from the sync database a few times now with no luck.

HeidiHavoc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. It worked for a week, then when I had to get service on my car, it didn't work when I got it back. (Mine is a 2012 Focus which I got used a month ago) I can make and receive calls just fine but when it goes to stream, it doesn't find my phone. I've spoken with Ford and have done all the necessary things from master resets on the Sync to soft reset on my phone and pairing everything up again. Ford had no idea how to help me and suggested I take it into the dealer for an actual reset to the module itself. But now I wonder if I should try the fuse.

I have a Droid Razr Maxx which is compatible.

dangrimm9687

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
anyone fix this for sure yet? i have a droid razr hd maxx, and have never had any problems with it, but just last night i started my car and tried to listen to my bluetooth media through ford sync in my 2010 mercury mariner and it didnt work, the phone works fine but no media will go through, ive tried everything. i had a droid charge before this phone and that worked fine in the car. please help!!!!

cgb77

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I still have problems daily, but I just have to turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on to get Sync to recognize it again. It's a major pain, but it works fine once it's connected.

Gunflint

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Insure the "Source" button has been changed to Bluetooth audio:

FordSyncPhoto1.jpg

FordSyncPhoto2.jpg

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I encountered a sudden problem with Ford Sync not streaming audio (despite the fact it's worked for 6 months prior). It seems the problem is the Sync unit has gone wacky based on my research and the suggested way to fix this was to reset the Sync unit. Everything I've read says to pull the fuse, but on my 2013 Explorer getting to the fuse panel is a pain in the butt, no way in heck that's a user servicable panel. Others then suggested to pull the negative terminal on the battery. But I found the easiest (and one would say the most obvious) way to reset the Sync (at least on my 2013 Explorer), there is a menu option under System Settings called "Master Reset". Needless to say, after using the system reset from the menu (its under the system settings) my blue tooth is once again working fine to stream the audio.

MDsmartphone

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I am having this problem now too. It has always been sporadic, but now my razr maxx will not connect media stream to the mft system on my explorer 2013 at all. Phone works fine. I have disconnected, unpaired, deleted my phone and connected every which way without luck. I tried connecting via blue tooth with my ipod touch, same problem.

Seems it connects, recognizes the device, and as soon as i start to play media it automatically disconnects the device.

Unfortunately the usb option to media doesn't work either, and 3.5 mm to rca port on the car sounds horrible... Doesn't utilize the stereo system.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I am having this problem now too. It has always been sporadic, but now my razr maxx will not connect media stream to the mft system on my explorer 2013 at all. Phone works fine. I have disconnected, unpaired, deleted my phone and connected every which way without luck. I tried connecting via blue tooth with my ipod touch, same problem.

Seems it connects, recognizes the device, and as soon as i start to play media it automatically disconnects the device.

Unfortunately the usb option to media doesn't work either, and 3.5 mm to rca port on the car sounds horrible... Doesn't utilize the stereo system.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Reset your MFT. There is option in settings, or pull fuse (good luck getting to it, stupidest design any car maker could come up with for mounting fuse box), or disconnect battery for 10 to 15 seconds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

MDsmartphone

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Reset your MFT. There is option in settings, or pull fuse (good luck getting to it, stupidest design any car maker could come up with for mounting fuse box), or disconnect battery for 10 to 15 seconds.

This seems kinda drastic. Is there no simpler solution? If I reset the system do I lose my saved navigation locations and will I be able to re enter mft thru the car or will I need to go on a computer first?

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
This seems kinda drastic. Is there no simpler solution? If I reset the system do I lose my saved navigation locations and will I be able to re enter mft thru the car or will I need to go on a computer first?

If you find a simpler solution pass it on.... I don't have nav on my Explorer (my Maxx HD does that job better than the built nav would. :D). But i didn't lose anything in the reset but did get back my blue tooth connectivity....

NYankees516

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to the site. Made an account solely because of the problem I'm having with my Galaxy S3 and Ford Sync. I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong thread, but has anyone found a solution yet as far as streaming music through bluetooth audio goes? I use Poweramp as my music player, not sure if anyone else here is also having problems with the same setup.

I bought a 2011 Ford Fusion last week and the salesman paired my GS3 and gave me a crash course of the Sync system before I drove it off the lot. Everything worked great the first few days then I noticed that my phone would suddenly disconnect from Sync at random times. Went through all the re-connecting and deleting and starting over processes but it only works for a few minutes before it disconnects again. I just upgraded my Sync software last night hoping that was the issue but the next day as I'm driving to work, I notice my phone was disconnected yet again.

I'm not sure if this is related but when my phone shows that it's connected, but my bluetooth audio doesn't work, for some reason none of my voice commands work for Sync. I press the Sync button and it prompts me for a command and I speak it "Call so-and-so" and it doesn't register ANYTHING. This is HIGHLY frustrating since it got to a point where I was screaming commands at a damn computer like an idiot. Sync has been highly frustrating so far with my GS3 and I really don't know what else to do. All I want is for my phone to stay connected and for bluetooth audio to always work, is that so hard??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34