Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rodya234
  • 1 Post By TOOLEY
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Time to upgrade Nexus s 4G

Wanted to see what do you guys think. I have had the Nexus s 4G for about a year now pretty much fed up with it. The sprint store can't do any thing else for me besides turning off services not needed. Since my upgrade is not up till next year in November. I was thinking about purchasing a phone via ebay or craigslist. The phones I'm looking at will be the photon q and galaxy nexus. Another choice will be to purchase the seido extended battery. I have already purchased the seido 1750mah battery and it still drains very quickly.

The price of a galaxy nexus seems to be about 300-350 brand new in a box. And the photon q about 350-400 also brand new in the box.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Rasbeanjelly/Trinity

Default Re: Time to upgrade Nexus s 4G

If you really research it, the Seidio "1750"mah battery actually has capacity that is no more (maybe even less) than the stock battery.

If you're uneasy about buying a phone off ebay, you just have to pick the right buyer. I bought my NS4G from a used phone retailer on eBay for about $100 bucks, and I didn't have a problem with the experience. The phone wasn't perfect; it had some light scratches and blemishes, but my phone always wears a case and screen protector so I never even see them. I also had no trouble activating it with Sprint, or registering it on Samsung.com.

As for your upgrade if you prefer the better camera, GSM roaming, or the keyboard, go with the Photon. If not, I'd personally go for the GNex, it's my choice for when my upgrade comes (Mid-July). If you choose the GNex, be sure to get the Samsung 2100mah extended battery.
    Thanked by:
    opteron7 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your comments. I'm leaning towards the photon q as I really don't need the Nexus experience as I have the Nexus 7 now and I do my multimedia on it now.

Most apps I use email (work), evernote, and text. All my phones always had qwerty from my g1 and the Blackberry's I've used. Since work pays for my cell phone bill, but don't really don't want to buy a phone before my contract is up.

Another thing I like about the NS4G is the size and if making the switch to photon q it will be like carrying a brick. Hmmm....

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

If you don't mind some bulk to our Nexus 4G, I've got a Seidio 3800 extended Battery with the extended battery door too. If interested let me know. Used for about 3 months. Moved to a Galaxy Nexus n now with a Seidio 3500 extended battery.

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post
    Wanted to see what do you guys think. I have had the Nexus s 4G for about a year now pretty much fed up with it. The sprint store can't do any thing else for me besides turning off services not needed. Since my upgrade is not up till next year in November. I was thinking about purchasing a phone via ebay or craigslist. The phones I'm looking at will be the photon q and galaxy nexus. Another choice will be to purchase the seido extended battery. I have already purchased the seido 1750mah battery and it still drains very quickly.

The price of a galaxy nexus seems to be about 300-350 brand new in a box. And the photon q about 350-400 also brand new in the box.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Thanked by:
    opteron7 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by androidtooley View Post
    If you don't mind some bulk to our Nexus 4G, I've got a Seidio 3800 extended Battery with the extended battery door too. If interested let me know. Used for about 3 months. Moved to a Galaxy Nexus n now with a Seidio 3500 extended battery.
    Pm sent

Look up the Gazelle store on ebay they have a lot of phones in great condition for very cheap that's how I got my EVO, you can get a gnex in excellent condition for less than $250. Check it out

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

Or go to swappa.com, lots of android phones for sale there too.

Went with the GN2 myself. Great phone. It has everything the NS4G lacks these days: big screen, speed, smoothly runs the latest OS. I also kind of missed the stylus from my Palm days. Haven't used it too much, though. New problem: don't use my Transformer Prime as much...#firstworldproblems
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

I had all sorts of trouble with my phone draining quickly. Talked to Sprint several times and they offered me an extended battery but they were all out of them so I had my bettery checked at a store and they said it was bad so I got a brand new one and had the same issues. My upgrade was ready so I decided to go with the HTC EVO 4G LTE and now I have awesome battery life!
    Palm Pre to Nexus S 4G to HTC EVO 4G LTE to Moto-X