1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Life, Google Now, Location Settings

So I have my nexus s 4g. I am not rooted. I want to start using Google now but I am concerned about battery life. Right now I am using juice defender. How should I set location settings to work with Google now and not drain my battery? Should privacy be a concern? Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Battery Life, Google Now, Location Settings

Simply put, it'll drain your battery twice as fast. When I had it running, I was down to 30% within 3 to 4 hours after unplugging it in the morning. I didn't play with all the settings, but I just don't think the NS4G is really able to handle it well. I turned Google Now off about a week after I turned it on.

Default Re: Battery Life, Google Now, Location Settings

HUGE game changer in terms of battery drain. Ultimately, I was able to just change the location settings in Maps (Maps > Settings > Location settings > Report from this device [uncheck]) and it made an enormous change in my battery performance. Like the previous response, I would be draining 5-10% per hour, even in standby before. Now its maybe 1-2% per hour. It limits a little bit of the functionality of Google Now, but a worthwhile trade off for me.