Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Default NFC Randomly Cuts Out

Hey guys, there seems to be a problem with NFC on the Nexus S or at least the Sprint version. My last phone would sometimes refuse to read NFC tags like the ones I use at home and work. And every single time I would go into the system settings and click the More option to see if the NFC check box was checked, and the funny thing is the phone would almost act like it knows that I'm checking on it and the phone, or at least the Settings app, would lock up. I recently got a refurbished phone from Sprint for an unrelated issue and this new 1 also does the same thing. It's random and kind of annoying. Does anybody have any ideas on how to prevent this, or at the very least, have a software based solution for rebooting the NFC without rebooting the entire phone? Thank you.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: NFC Randomly Cuts Out

Quote Originally Posted by noapparentfunction View Post
    Hey guys, there seems to be a problem with NFC on the Nexus S or at least the Sprint version. My last phone would sometimes refuse to read NFC tags like the ones I use at home and work. And every single time I would go into the system settings and click the More option to see if the NFC check box was checked, and the funny thing is the phone would almost act like it knows that I'm checking on it and the phone, or at least the Settings app, would lock up. I recently got a refurbished phone from Sprint for an unrelated issue and this new 1 also does the same thing. It's random and kind of annoying. Does anybody have any ideas on how to prevent this, or at the very least, have a software based solution for rebooting the NFC without rebooting the entire phone? Thank you.
    I've had this happen.
    Bluetooth also seems wonky. Sometimes the on/off toggle is grayed out and I can't turn BT on, forcing me to reboot.

I'm kind of over this phone now. Seems like each update, though improving the look and usability of the UI, introduces some new oddity or bug to my phone...and hits battery and speed as well.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I've had this happen.
    Bluetooth also seems wonky. Sometimes the on/off toggle is grayed out and I can't turn BT on, forcing me to reboot.

I'm kind of over this phone now. Seems like each update, though improving the look and usability of the UI, introduces some new oddity or bug to my phone...and hits battery and speed as well.
    I agree. if I didn't have until may on this Sprint agreement of mine I'd be in Nexus 4 land by now...

Default Re: NFC Randomly Cuts Out

Quote Originally Posted by noapparentfunction View Post
    This happens on my wife's phone too. It randomly cuts out the NFC which is really annoying when we go to use beam and it just sits there. The only solution we have is to reboot the phone. Whats weird is mine doesn't have this problem and her's does. I noticed that this happens more when her battery is low like under the 20% mark. Not sure if that is related or not though? Anybody have any idea on the "software based solution" idea?