Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Comes Clean on MMS Problems

Well, it was only 18 months too late:

There is a known issue with Picturemail and the Nexus S. In some cases, our customers will receive the option to download, but will not receive the picture itself for viewing. Due to the decommissioning of the PictureMail website, there is no current work around for this issue. In many cases, deleting the message and asking the user to resend will resolve the issue.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
    Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Sprint Community: Nexus S will not download MMS

Default Re: Sprint Comes Clean on MMS Problems

Holy crap! This has always been an issue for me! WTF? Are they really only just now acknowledging it or is this something they've said before and I just never saw it?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Sprint Comes Clean on MMS Problems

Nope. I've been explaining this to them for over a year, even had a couple of devices replaced because they thought it was hardware. Then low and behold earlier this month they acknowledge not only the problem, but that they eliminated the work around a year into owning the device:

The reason the device is experiencing issues is due to the way that the device sends MMS. Many of our newer devices do not access the picturemail website in order to download pictures. If you are eligible for an upgrade, a newer device might be an option for you to avoid frustration of this issue. I do apologize, however there is no work around at this time.

Fergie_B
    Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday