Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Spint Nexus S 4G just died... any help appreciated

Was surfing the web on my Nexus S 4G with 80% battery at least when it just went blank. It does not respond to any button nor does it respond to being plugged into a charger. I have the warranty w/ Sprint that i pay $7 / month for so i don't want to void that but am interested in any fix that can help me on Thanksgiving Day. Bit of a downer to have the phone die but much to be thankful for without it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: My Spint Nexus S 4G just died... any help appreciated

Suggest a battery pull and try getting the computer to recognize it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: My Spint Nexus S 4G just died... any help appreciated

Sorry to hear especially on the holiday.

First I'm going to assume since this is posted in the general Nexus S 4G forums that your stock? If your not stock, as in rooted and possibly running a custom ROM then a little background history will be helpful on your setup.

Second.. I'm thinking either battery may have failed or not giving you a true indication of the battery level. This also brings into play have you tried using a couple different USB cables to charge the device?

I would also try pulling the battery, leave it out for maybe 5 or 10 minutes then pop it back in and see what happens.

I would also try plugging it into your computer and see if you computer recognizes the device.. This could tell us if there is a chance you might have had a complete display failure making it look like the device is dead and unresponsive...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.