My Spint Nexus S 4G just died... any help appreciated

dub10

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Was surfing the web on my Nexus S 4G with 80% battery at least when it just went blank. It does not respond to any button nor does it respond to being plugged into a charger. I have the warranty w/ Sprint that i pay $7 / month for so i don't want to void that but am interested in any fix that can help me on Thanksgiving Day. Bit of a downer to have the phone die but much to be thankful for without it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear especially on the holiday.

First I'm going to assume since this is posted in the general Nexus S 4G forums that your stock? If your not stock, as in rooted and possibly running a custom ROM then a little background history will be helpful on your setup.

Second.. I'm thinking either battery may have failed or not giving you a true indication of the battery level. This also brings into play have you tried using a couple different USB cables to charge the device?

I would also try pulling the battery, leave it out for maybe 5 or 10 minutes then pop it back in and see what happens.

I would also try plugging it into your computer and see if you computer recognizes the device.. This could tell us if there is a chance you might have had a complete display failure making it look like the device is dead and unresponsive...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995