Sprint Nexus S 4G Phone will not turn on. Help??!!

tiffany8831g

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so, I was using my phone when the screen froze up. I turned the screen off then turned it back on. It didn't go to the passcode screen, but it went to the page I was a t before, but the screen was all dark and stuff and I couldn't do anything. It has doone this a couple times before and I took the battery out and put it back in and it worked fine. That didn't happen this time.I tried to turn it on but it won't turn on. Yes, I've charged it, taken battery out a few times, and waited hours. Nothing seems to work. I've done the power and volume pressing thing too. Please please please help!! :':)'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so, I was using my phone when the screen froze up. I turned the screen off then turned it back on. It didn't go to the passcode screen, but it went to the page I was a t before, but the screen was all dark and stuff and I couldn't do anything. It has doone this a couple times before and I took the battery out and put it back in and it worked fine. That didn't happen this time.I tried to turn it on but it won't turn on. Yes, I've charged it, taken battery out a few times, and waited hours. Nothing seems to work. I've done the power and volume pressing thing too. Please please please help!! :':)'(

I am not familiar with your device, but if you could reboot into recovery, and wipe your cache, that may help. If I had to guess without doing any research, I would say power down, wait about 15 seconds, press volume up and power at the same time and release when you see Samsung logo. From there, use volume to scroll up and down, power or home keys to select. Scroll down to 'Wipe cache partition' and press home/power to select. Let it do it's thing, should shift screens a little bit and bring you back to top menu, which should say 'Reboot system now' select that and see if it works.

If that fails, try a factory reset (can be done in the same manner, scroll to factory reset/format internal storage) and reboot system.

Hope that helped.

mack_aJ4459

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I've hd my phone for a while and I expected it to start moving slower. But now it keeps freezing and switchinh off and on. It was working like it had been but then it all of a sudden shut off. It was hot so I let it cool off for a few hours. When I put it back together I expected it to be like any other time I took it apart. It did the usual start up and it hut off again, s I let it load but I kept powering on and off to the point that I had to tae the battery out and not turn it on so it wouldn't do that. I don't know what to do... please help any advice is useful.

Christian Richard

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have this exact same problem too. It has froze up many times before but I always took the battery out and popped it back in and it would work again. This time it won't turn back on. Even if I try to volume up and power together. Anyone find a solution yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37