Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast

ROM
    Stock

My guess is there's a supply issue because of the quake and subsequent tsunami, but who knows? Maybe it's got a few bugs that need to be worked out.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 / Netarchy

Wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with the Google Voice integration still being tested. Sprint probably wants to sell the phone as a 'package' with Google Voice right away.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with the Google Voice integration still being tested. Sprint probably wants to sell the phone as a 'package' with Google Voice right away.
    Was thinking same thing. Seems plausible.

ROM
    AOKP Stable

(sung slightly off key but to the beat) Nobody knows the release date it seems....
    Nobody knows.... my sorrow....
    Forgot to backup stock on your Optimus S? Use Mine!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...-stock-vd.html

Anon-A-Moose
    "A pig headed individual with no coding skills ruining Android since 2009"

Thanks Everyone for your hard work!!!

Thank Button.... it's not just for looks....

Everyone tweet #launchthenexus on twitter!

I just go this response from Sprint: "Jamie, What we have heard so far that it will be released by Spring-Summer." -Kim

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

ok, if that's true, this sucks! I'll just wait for the Evo 3d then. Guess I should look harder for an evo to tide me over, I've about had it with this Pre. They really need to make an announcement of some kind soon.

If it falls in Summer, then Sprint should say some kind of info regrading this delay. Lot of people placed money down. For what? No information!! Can't get refund back!!!!

So I guess 5/8 at the earliest. I really might just pick up a temp evo.

Yeah looks like May 8. Must have been the Google voice integration holding things up afterall. Good call to the ones who brought that up!

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

May 8th... Another 18 Day waiting period... sigh... But @ least we should be grateful for a date..

Bitter Sweet..

18 days at least... just sayin'

ROM
    Official 4.1.1

Let the count down start!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Been waiting for the Nexus S for some time in order to switch to Sprint.
    I recently took advantage of the $125 smart phone credit and got an Arrive last week.

Can anyone answer this question for me?...
    If I were to return the arrive and activate a craigslist evo, will I be eligable to get a new 2 year contract price for the Nexus S when it arrives, even if it is after 30 days since line activation?

From what I understand, I will still get the $125 credit, because that is tied to the line/plan and not the phone.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evandena View Post
    Been waiting for the Nexus S for some time in order to switch to Sprint.
    I recently took advantage of the $125 smart phone credit and got an Arrive last week.

thanks
    How is the arrive?

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

To be honest, it's not all that bad.
    I'm more of a tinkerer, so android is better suited for me, but it's been refreshing to use this Arrive so far.

Quote Originally Posted by evandena View Post
    To be honest, it's not all that bad.
    I'm more of a tinkerer, so android is better suited for me, but it's been refreshing to use this Arrive so far.
    I'm also holding an Arrive as a place holder for the Nexus only mine is due back tomorrow to make the 30 day period- I'm also liking the phone although the bulk of the keyboard is not worth it to me because I don't use it, plus I'm used to easy homebrew on the Pre and Win phone 7 just is too closed of a system for my liking.

At any rate, I have talked with multiple people regarding the upgrade credit, and you will be fine; once you return the phone you can either exchange in the store that day, or simply switch back to a previously owned phone (or in this case a craigslist phone) and hold on the upgrade credit until the nexus launch next month

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I'm in the same boat as you guys- I picked up the HTC arrive because I was tired of waiting for the nexus. I definately miss the multitasking, but love having zune, office and netflix. Also, it ends up costing me $10 less a month to have the arrive than it will the Nexus S. I'm going to wait for the reviews of the Nexus S on sprint before I exchange. If the 4G doesn't hammer the battery too bad, I'll probably switch back to android. WM7 is awfully slick though- I don't find myself missing the customization at all. I really miss a few of the apps, the multitasking and the deep google integration.

honestly if the arrive were a slate instead of a slider I wouldn't bother heading to the store in a couple hours to return it, plus I'm not concerned about 4g battery life as I don't get it in the area anyways so that radio will be off

I thought I would really enjoy netflix and office, but haven't actually found that great of use for them- I do miss angry birds though

2.4 andddd better hardware? Better be the case... Then maybe I won't feel so bad about buying it =).

Quote Originally Posted by nimin View Post
    2.4 andddd better hardware? Better be the case... Then maybe I won't feel so bad about buying it =).
    Yeah, I don't think so. Wishful thinking though.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 / Netarchy

Engadget posted this today, still hoping for a May 1st launch...

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 9 and Matr1x

Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Engadget posted this today, still hoping for a May 1st launch...
    Looking more like May 8, as much as I hate to say it
    My name is Matt and I am a......
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #350  

I'm guessing May 8th as well.
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast