Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpstar

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have an educated guess?

I know there is nothing official other than "this Spring". Anyone know of any Sprint trends for Spring releases?

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My guess is they want to get the Echo on the shelf before this device. Plus they have to get google voice working first or we wont have voice mail. If any one hears anything post up. I already have mine reserved so as far as I'm conserned sooner is better.

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's taking so long b/c they want to put a dual core into the phone since hardware/software hasn't been finalized yet.

:p

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just heard from some of the higher-ups tonight that it will be "late April, early May".

Hers to hoping something changes and allow them to get it out sooner. I'd say keep an eye on the progress of Google Voice this has to be the hold up. I think the hardware is set so I would bet these devices are sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to flash on the final version of GV once Google and Sprint get all the internal systems hooked up.

krische

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I would think that since they completely changed the radios from the GSM version, it has to go through quite a bit of testing.

Now the question is has that testing started yet or even been completed yet?

Rob220

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When I reserved mine at bestbuy I asked the sales person if they knew a release date. He checked the computer and said links like mid April. But who knows.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had my co-worker check with our corporate account rep at Sprint. No luck with getting a release date out of them. I really want a Nexus S but if I have to wait much longer I'll wind up getting stuck with an Epic :(

bsgman

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Went to Sprint...

Not happy at all with the Sprint store's customer service:
  • Claimed it came out "this summer"
  • Had no idea you could pre-order the device and told me to come back later.
  • Claim you have to go through a credit check for the pre-order

It sounds like based on responses it is highly likely it comes out sometime around the end of April to beginning of May.

Also, I understood that there is a LIST and that you are simply purchasing a $50 gift card for the pre-order..not actually signing up yet or purchasing the device.

Frustrating. There should have been a simple way to pre-order online to get around the useless customer service representatives.

I also asked them why I should purchase at their store rather than Best Buy. They claim they can get me a 10% discount on my monthly fee. Has anyone heard of this? They also said their protection plan is better and that Best Buy servicing is done at their store.

cteneyck

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Cool, April 18th may be the day. Am i reading it right tho. are we going to be forced to purchase the tethering plan to have the phone? if so that would be a deal breaker for me.

kynov

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Cool, April 18th may be the day. Am i reading it right tho. are we going to be forced to purchase the tethering plan to have the phone? if so that would be a deal breaker for me.

No, they are pointing out the fact that Sprint is charging the additional fee for the hotspot feature. Some people might assume that because it is a pure google phone that the built-in hotspot/tethering feature would work out of the box.

cteneyck

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Taken from Phil's post

The Nexus S 4G, as you'll remember, is the same as the original Nexus S, with a Wimax radio thrown in for good measure. It'll cost you $199 on-contract whenever it does launch, and you'll have to shell out extra for the Wifi hotspot.

thats how i read it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae