Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 9 and Matr1x
    My name is Matt and I am a......

See... I told you guys May 8th!!! Guess the chick at my local Best Buy wasn't BSing what the Sprint rep told her...

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    See... I told you guys May 8th!!! Guess the chick at my local Best Buy wasn't BSing what the Sprint rep told her...
    I'm sure there was BS somewhere in the chain... it just happened to be a lucky guess.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 9 and Matr1x

I think this whole thing has ruined my trust of anyone, it is fun to speculate don't get me wrong but when it is months after you have started speculating and pre-ordered you just feel like you are about to loose it.

Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    I think this whole thing has ruined my trust of anyone, it is fun to speculate don't get me wrong but when it is months after you have started speculating and pre-ordered you just feel like you are about to loose it.
    When exactly did you preorder? This phone wasn't announced until March 24th, if I remember correctly.

It hasn't even been a month.

In the words of Don Draper: "Calm down."

why oh why must the sprint store taunt us with posters for google voice integration and the nexus without a date

Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Engadget posted this today, still hoping for a May 1st launch...
    Why does everyone read this as Nexus S training ?
    I read it as "Introducing the Nexus S" , I know it doesn't say Nexus S launch, but, it is close, NO?
    Here's hope for a Monday launch...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scout7 View Post
    I read it as "Introducing the Nexus S" , I know it doesn't say Nexus S launch, but, it is close, NO?
    What was the calendar entry for the echo launch? I guess we can confirm verbiage that way.

i agree - i read that as 4/25 -- lets hope so!

If Google Voice Training begins on 4/25 and GV launches on 4/26, it reasonable to see the S roll out before that following Monday. I'm shooting for 5/1.

I also read nothing in that small pamphlet that states "training" for the Nexus S 4G. To me, it looks as if the Nexus S will be released on 25th. It does say training, for Google Voice that is, not for Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    I also read nothing in that small pamphlet that states "training" for the Nexus S 4G. To me, it looks as if the Nexus S will be released on 25th. It does say training, for Google Voice that is, not for Nexus
    This is the problem of us getting our info from sources that weren't meant for us.... I think the wording is open to interpretation. I would agree with you, but the fact that it is all highlighted together makes me feel as though it is training for both... I would assume that the source would say something like "Nexus S 4g Launch" much like is says "Google Voice Launch" on the 26th if it was going to come out the 25th.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 9 and Matr1x

Quote Originally Posted by curtl View Post
    When exactly did you preorder? This phone wasn't announced until March 24th, if I remember correctly.

It hasn't even been a month.

In the words of Don Draper: "Calm down."
    Yea I know just being anxious, pre-order on April 2nd

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 9 and Matr1x

Quote Originally Posted by scout7 View Post
    Whoa you may be right!

Global Posts
    11,784 Global Posts

Looks like they didn't want to wait...

Google voice sync now available!

Hello,

You have been invited to start enjoying the benefits of the Sprint
    integration before anyone else! We are interested in your feedback as we roll
    this out to the entire user base and have listed a link to a form where you
    can send feedback and/or questions.

There are two ways to enable the integrated service:

1. Option 1: Keep your Sprint number (all the benefits of porting without the
    need to). In this case, your Sprint number becomes your Google Voice number
    so that when people call your Sprint mobile number, it rings all the phones
    you want.

How to enable this: click on the "change/port" link next to your GV # in the
    settings page, choose the option to use your existing number, enter your
    Sprint number and select the Sprint option.

2. Option 2: Replace your Sprint number with your Google Voice number (all
    the benefits of the app without the need for one). In this case, all calls
    made from your Sprint phone will display your Google Voice # natively (same
    for SMS).

How to enable this: click on the "enable Google Voice on your Sprint phone"
    link next to your Sprint forwarding phone. If the link does not show, click
    on edit and use the link to verify whether your phone is eligible.

In both cases, Google Voice replaces Sprint voicemail (pressing one on your
    phone links you to your Google Voicemail) and international calls made from
    the Sprint phone will be connected by Google Voice. Integrating your account
    with Sprint means you will still get the benefits of Any Mobile Any Time if
    that is included in your service plan.

Important Notes:

The integrated service only works with a valid Sprint mobile number.
    For this early release, Sprint support channels will not be available for
    support, including Sprint Retail Stores, Sprint Customer Care, Sprint
    Telesales, Sprint Direct Sales Reps, etc.
    If you need support, or have feedback, please fill out this form
    If you use the Google Voice app on Android, you will need to log out and log
    back in to make sure the app stops using call interception.
    Thanks,

Vincent Paquet, on behalf of the Google Voice team

2011 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You are receiving this email announcement because you requested to be
    notified when the Sprint integration was available.

If it counts for anything, I went to my local Sprint store yesterday and was told the Nexus S would be available on the 24th.

I called my sprint store and asked If I could return my phone within 30 days and just get an upgrade credit to use when the Nexus or evo 3d comes out. He said the only thing they could do is buyback the evo to help alleviate the expenses. It seems to me they should give me an upgrade credit rather than lose me as a customer. We just switched over to Sprint from Verizon. It seems other people have mentioned getting an upgrade credit. Do I need to call customer service or something or just keep trying? I told Sprint I would buy a craigslist phone or something to give me something to talk on while I wait....What should I do? My 30 is up on the 26th.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

if my calculations are correct, the nexus will be released ever day from now until june 1!!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by meinhyperspeed View Post
    If it counts for anything, I went to my local Sprint store yesterday and was told the Nexus S would be available on the 24th.
    Sorry, but I doubt they would do an Easter release.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parsons View Post
    Looks like they didn't want to wait...

Google voice sync now available!
    Chris, just curious, what is your primary device on Sprint? I noticed your tag says you carry the Nexus S.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by god_trentonj View Post
    Sorry, but I doubt they would do an Easter release.
    I'm with you here. launching on biggest christian holiday of the year would just be a huge sales fail. Although this is simply an educated guess, I don't have stats to back me up. As much as I want this phone.

Sooo, I just got off the phone with Sprint Cust. Service and basically told the guy my situation. I then proceeded to tell him "So the only way for me to get the phone I want is to cancel my service and switch carriers?" He told me they don't offer upgrade credits except for every 22 months on a contract. So under the threat of me canceling my contract he didn't really do anything. I'm not pissed or anything but I am disappointed. The Evo is nice but I'm just not feeling it. I have 5 days to figure something out, I would go for the Epic but don't want a slider....

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

i dont know if this will help, but i've had good service usually through sprint's online chat. it is less stress free and they've seemed willing to help.

I just tried that. They then stated that I got my order from a third party dealer (my local sprint store) and could no further assist me as I would just have to go back to said store and deal with them

I'm going in circles, as I called them first and they tried to get into a nice and shiny new Echo......fail, no way I want an Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by redfro1979 View Post
    I just tried that. They then stated that I got my order from a third party dealer (my local sprint store) and could no further assist me as I would just have to go back to said store and deal with them

I'm going in circles, as I called them first and they tried to get into a nice and shiny new Echo......fail, no way I want an Echo.
    You know, just for s & g's I went and looked at the Echo. It was better then I thought it would be. Honestly if you use your phone mostly for internet and email the Echo may just be the way to go..hard to beat the screen real estate.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast