Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

Quote Originally Posted by bsgman View Post
    I went to another corporate Sprint store today. They claimed pre-order was not available as did the previous store. The manager gave me her business card and told me to e-mail her and she would "put me on the list when she can and that I'll be the first to get the phone" ..

What is this BS? Has anyone successfully pre-ordered at a Sprint store?
    My company has a corporate account with well over 100 smart phones. If we couldn't pre-order i don't think anybody can yet.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeCreep View Post
    My company has a corporate account with well over 100 smart phones. If we couldn't pre-order i don't think anybody can yet.

I don't understand. It says right on Sprint's website you can pre-order buy purchasing a $50 gift card and be added to the waitlist.

i couldn't preorder because they said they weren't a corp store

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

The sooner the better, this is the direction me and the wife are going

The Nexus S 4G has been upgraded to soon on Bestbuy.com. The estimated shipping arrival date is 5/1 - 5/6.

I am not sure if this is an error, but it also gives me the option to add on the extra $10 "3g-4g" fee. I declined it and was still able to proceed to checkout.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bsgman View Post
    I went to another corporate Sprint store today. They claimed pre-order was not available as did the previous store. The manager gave me her business card and told me to e-mail her and she would "put me on the list when she can and that I'll be the first to get the phone" ..

What is this BS? Has anyone successfully pre-ordered at a Sprint store?
    The Sprint store I went to let me. Although the sales Rep did need to ask the manager about it. I bought the $50 gift card and they gave me a confirmation number. They said I was the first one on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Brukshut View Post
    The Nexus S 4G has been upgraded to soon on Bestbuy.com. The estimated shipping arrival date is 5/1 - 5/6.

I am not sure if this is an error, but it also gives me the option to add on the extra $10 "3g-4g" fee. I declined it and was still able to proceed to checkout.
    I just went to Bestbuy.com and went through the process to preorder. It listed the estimated arrival date as 4/06-4/09/11.

ROM
    Official 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Frecklez View Post
    I just went to Bestbuy.com and went through the process to preorder. It listed the estimated arrival date as 4/06-4/09/11.
    Yeah I saw that too. 4/06-4/09/11
    Engadget's twitter post says "Nexus S 4G up for pre-order at Best Buy, could be with us tomorrow"

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redball View Post
    Yeah I saw that too. 4/06-4/09/11
    Engadget's twitter post says "Nexus S 4G up for pre-order at Best Buy, could be with us tomorrow"
    Hmmm, I tried to follow the link, but it just took me back to Engadget's home page....yet all the other links that you back to an article.

Maybe they're getting it for a review to compare it with T-mobile's version.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

And now the tweet is gone...

Bestbuy.com was showing availability as early as tomorrow with express delivery a few minutes ago. It appears they have been updating the site so its constantly fluctuating.

Now, I can't even add it to my cart. But I would expect it any day now.

ROM
    Official 4.1.1

Hopefully Monday we get some answers.

The anticipation is killing me. This whole engadget tweet thing makes me think they might know something we don't. Then again, they might have just been posting a random tweet with no new info, and then thought better of it.

I just want an official date...

official date would be awesome, the the random tweet is pretty weird

ROM
    Official 4.1.1

If it comes out tomorrow that would be cool. BestBuy.com says Coming Soon on store pickup and shipping. Just like Teddy Brukshut said you can't add it to your cart.

ROM
    Stock

Yea I can't even get it to load here might be good news.

Default For what it's worth

For what it's worth, I live chatted with a best buy rep. She she is expecting the phone to hit stores on the 20th, but it's not set in stone. Also, she recommended I preorder because she's been getting lots of interest already.

Attaching a screenshot of the chat session so you can see exactly what she said.

Last edited by craigwann; 04-03-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Doesn't matter, it will come out in April sometime and I can't wait to get it and root it and start the hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by r916 View Post
    Doesn't matter, it will come out in April sometime and I can't wait to get it and root it and start the hacking.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, not yet an Android user. Why are you planning on rooting it? I thought the whole point of the Nexus was that you didn't have to root it. (I know, pure google, fast updates...)

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigwann View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, not yet an Android user. Why are you planning on rooting it? I thought the whole point of the Nexus was that you didn't have to root it. (I know, pure google, fast updates...)
    I'm sure people will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that people root their phones in order to be able to swap ROMs with ease or just install a whole new ROM. Plus with a rooted phone you have access to more system level processes and thus can do things like overclock the already speedy processor, install a whole new kernel providing overclocking itself and/or undervolting to preserve battery. Also, I'm sure people will try to manage to get free wifi or 4g tethering once they are rooted since sprint is making us pay for the hot spot feature.

This is all off the top of my head. Others will chime in I'm sure.

my upgrade is may 1st, but i asked a sprint rep and she said i can upgrade on the 18th of this month. on bestbuy's website, it says im eligible for an early upgrade. will best buy (in store) let me preorder the nexus s 4g (i really want one on launch day) because to preorder it, it requires that i renew my contract.

sorry if that seems like a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnaoumi View Post
    my upgrade is may 1st, but i asked a sprint rep and she said i can upgrade on the 18th of this month. on bestbuy's website, it says im eligible for an early upgrade. will best buy (in store) let me preorder the nexus s 4g (i really want one on launch day) because to preorder it, it requires that i renew my contract.

sorry if that seems like a really stupid question.
    If you pre order in person at best buy it will do nothing to your contract. Only when you come pick up the phone on release day is when they will use your upgrade. All you do when you pre order in store is buy a $50 gift card that counts as a pre order and goes towards the final purchase price.

looks like the 6th date was an error on Best Buy's website according to Phil's article. Looks like the last week of April...

So who will carry the phone 1st. Best Buy or Sprint?
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast