Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kra2y

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
That haven't forced the hotspot feature on any other phone yet so they probly wouldn't start now. They are already adding 10 dollars on top of the plan price for all smart phones now. Wich blows , they should just up there plan by 10 $ and do away with this premium data add on for smartphones crap.

godthisblows

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Taken from Phil's post
thats how i read it

If you read the article it links to it has the clarification.

Q: How much is the Mobile Hotspot capability?
A: Mobile Hotspot capability for Nexus S 4G is a $29.99 optional add-on. It allows the customer to use Nexus S as a Mobile Hotspot device capable of sending out a Wi-Fi signal to up to six Wi-Fi capable devices. This follows the new discounting rules launching in July and is not NVP discountable (e.g. SOCs $29.99 and below are not discountable; SOCs $30 and up are discountable).

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Lets add, "if you use the hotspot". They won't be charging the hotspot fee just because you have the phone. I still think you will have to download a Sprint app to use the phone as a hotspot.

No you do not, it's a feature in Gingerbread..in the settings.

bsgman

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
BS

I went to another corporate Sprint store today. They claimed pre-order was not available as did the previous store. The manager gave me her business card and told me to e-mail her and she would "put me on the list when she can and that I'll be the first to get the phone" ..

What is this BS? Has anyone successfully pre-ordered at a Sprint store?

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I went to another corporate Sprint store today. They claimed pre-order was not available as did the previous store. The manager gave me her business card and told me to e-mail her and she would "put me on the list when she can and that I'll be the first to get the phone" ..

My company has a corporate account with well over 100 smart phones. If we couldn't pre-order i don't think anybody can yet.

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus S 4G has been upgraded to soon on Bestbuy.com. The estimated shipping arrival date is 5/1 - 5/6.

I am not sure if this is an error, but it also gives me the option to add on the extra $10 "3g-4g" fee. I declined it and was still able to proceed to checkout.

bloo0153

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

The Sprint store I went to let me. Although the sales Rep did need to ask the manager about it. I bought the $50 gift card and they gave me a confirmation number. They said I was the first one on the list.

Frecklez

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus S 4G has been upgraded to soon on Bestbuy.com. The estimated shipping arrival date is 5/1 - 5/6.

I am not sure if this is an error, but it also gives me the option to add on the extra $10 "3g-4g" fee. I declined it and was still able to proceed to checkout.
I just went to Bestbuy.com and went through the process to preorder. It listed the estimated arrival date as 4/06-4/09/11.

redball

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just went to Bestbuy.com and went through the process to preorder. It listed the estimated arrival date as 4/06-4/09/11.

Yeah I saw that too. 4/06-4/09/11
Engadget's twitter post says "Nexus S 4G up for pre-order at Best Buy, could be with us tomorrow"

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I saw that too. 4/06-4/09/11
Engadget's twitter post says "Nexus S 4G up for pre-order at Best Buy, could be with us tomorrow"

Hmmm, I tried to follow the link, but it just took me back to Engadget's home page....yet all the other links that you back to an article.

Maybe they're getting it for a review to compare it with T-mobile's version.

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Bestbuy.com was showing availability as early as tomorrow with express delivery a few minutes ago. It appears they have been updating the site so its constantly fluctuating.

Now, I can't even add it to my cart. But I would expect it any day now.

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The anticipation is killing me. This whole engadget tweet thing makes me think they might know something we don't. Then again, they might have just been posting a random tweet with no new info, and then thought better of it.

I just want an official date...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci