Google Voice Integration / Minutes

bsgman

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to start a discussion on how Google Voice will work. I use it now and here are some questions I have:
  • Will/does making calls from the Google Voice application use data services rather than minutes?
  • Will your Google Voice # show up when making a call through the Google Voice application or will some random Google Voice exchange show up?

I'd like to think getting the minimum plan (i.e.--450 minutes) would suffice as you could place all your calls from Google Voice app. without incurring any hit on your minutes. Does this seem feasible?

Also, it would be a shame if your actual number didn't show up when you place calls as no one could call you back or know who is calling.

Thoughts? Does any of this even change with the integration or does it simply mean the same number can be used with Sprint/Google Voice?

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use Google Voice a year or so ago (one of my Pick 3 numbers was my GV#) while on Sprint to limit my minute usage...but then Sprint went to Any-Mobile, which was great. I stopped using GV after that.

There are so many options on GV as far as what number will show up on caller ID.

As far as I know, it'll be a complete integration in which no minutes will be used at all.

It would be nice if we could go on a "data-only" plan...

dmfaber1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
So will Google Voice neglect any mobile? I already have a voice account and would love to use that number on my Nexus S when I get it. As long as I still can get the Any Mobile. If that wont work, will using my Sprint number in google voice be able to use Any Mobile?

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I think it will use minutes - I asked. Any call to from landline incurs minutes, mobile is free.
So if you tie them together, call goes to "home" or "office" phone from landline, which is answered by cell phone, minutes used.

I have never used G.V., and I'm talking to a CSA, so we know how that can go, but this makes sense to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois