1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Video chat on Sprint Nexus S 4G

Just wondering how well the video chat will work on the Nexus S 4G.

My wife is hard of hearing and reads lips. Eventually we'll be signing. I'm hoping to have an alternative to going to using an iPhone/Facetime via wifi. Hoping we can chat using 4G.

I'm hoping she can also use this phone with the Sprint Video Relay Service or Webcaptel.

You might want to go ask in the regular Samsung Nexus S forums. The 4g version for this forum has not officially been released but I would imagine questions like this could be answered by Nexus S users as well.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/samsung-nexus-s/

i just installed Fring on my NS4G but the apk on the android market did not work on the phone

Fring sent me different file and the app works without a problem. I'am able to make video calls from my phone to my buddies Iphone 4.

Tango also works too between android and iphone

Used video in Google Talk the other night while on wifi and it worked perfectly, I was on my NS4G and the other side was on a computer using gchat in gmail. I was very impressed with the quality of the video.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bucketheadmn View Post
    Used video in Google Talk the other night while on wifi and it worked perfectly, I was on my NS4G and the other side was on a computer using gchat in gmail. I was very impressed with the quality of the video.
    Works just about the same on good 3g as it does wifi for me.