Confirmed coming 5/8

reconboy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...I just called BB to have it delivered to my home instead of my job. She told me that most orders will be shipped next week with most people having it by the release date. I don't know how true this is but she also said that they will be delivering phones on Saturday as well.

I do know that when i ordered a Nexus S back in December, it was also delivered on a Saturday. So we'll see....

Just to let ya know Saturday is the 7th ;) May 8th is a Sunday...

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
i did a chat yesterday with BB and the gal said the shipping estimate online was incorrect and the phones would not ship till the 8th= who knows - they don't!

I'm hoping the person I talked to is correct. She did say that the estimated delivery dates of 5/2 and 5/3 were incorrect. But she as stated that the phones will be shipped in time so that buyers can have them by May 8.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

mlr_90

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope the person I chatted with is wrong. Doesn't look good for Best Buy online orders to be shipped before launch day.

9:52 AM *******:
I just ordered the Sprint Nexus S 4g online and was wondering if you had any ideas on the ship date for these phones?
9:53 AM Jennifer:
We have no idea when that phone will release, in fact I am not quite sure how you were able to order it.
9:54 AM ******:
A lot of people have been able to pre-order online.
9:55 AM Jennifer:
Yes, I am aware, the only downfall to that, is that every 7 days, your card will authorize again, until the phone is released.
9:56 AM Jennifer:
I have heard June or July, but nothing has been confirmed.
9:56 AM ******:
The release date is suppose to be May 8 and some have said that Best Buy will usually ship your phone so that it's available to you by launch date.
9:57 AM Jennifer:
We still have not heard anything, I do know that if it launches, we ship out on the launch date.
9:58 AM ******:
so not before? I may have to cancel the order then
9:58 AM Jennifer:
Not before. However the stores usually only get a couple and the majority of the inventory is online.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope the person I chatted with is wrong. Doesn't look good for Best Buy online orders to be shipped before launch day.

9:52 AM *******:
I just ordered the Sprint Nexus S 4g online and was wondering if you had any ideas on the ship date for these phones?
9:53 AM Jennifer:
We have no idea when that phone will release, in fact I am not quite sure how you were able to order it.
9:54 AM ******:
A lot of people have been able to pre-order online.
9:55 AM Jennifer:
Yes, I am aware, the only downfall to that, is that every 7 days, your card will authorize again, until the phone is released.
9:56 AM Jennifer:
I have heard June or July, but nothing has been confirmed.
9:56 AM ******:
The release date is suppose to be May 8 and some have said that Best Buy will usually ship your phone so that it's available to you by launch date.
9:57 AM Jennifer:
We still have not heard anything, I do know that if it launches, we ship out on the launch date.
9:58 AM ******:
so not before? I may have to cancel the order then
9:58 AM Jennifer:
Not before. However the stores usually only get a couple and the majority of the inventory is online.

Oh wow...I think that person definitely don't know what they're talking about or at least I hope they don't. All I know is that when the Nexus S was released for T-Mobile back in December, people that ordered the phone online got it delivered the day it before or on the day it was to be released. Which goes along with what the Rep told me on my the phone. When I told her I was thinking about canceling the order, she suggested that I at least wait till 5/4. She said that the shipping should change as we get closer to the release date. That way people who pre-ordered online will have their phones by or on the release date.

I'm going to at least wait till Thursday to see if there's any change. When I ordered m Y Nexus S back in December, it took 1 day to get to me. So hopefully i have the same results.

mlr_90

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow...I think that person definitely don't know what they're talking about or at least I hope they don't. All I know is that when the Nexus S was released for T-Mobile back in December, people that ordered the phone online got it delivered the day it before or on the day it was to be released. Which goes along with what the Rep told me on my the phone. When I told her I was thinking about canceling the order, she suggested that I at least wait till 5/4. She said that the shipping should change as we get closer to the release date. That way people who pre-ordered online will have their phones by or on the release date.

I'm going to at least wait till Thursday to see if there's any change. When I ordered m Y Nexus S back in December, it took 1 day to get to me. So hopefully i have the same results.

I agree with you. I don't think she had a clue. I will also wait until the end of the week to see if there's a status change. Right now my order says backordered but I expect that. If it ships at then end of the week then fine. If not then I'll purchase from a Sprint store. I'm 45 miles from either Best Buy or Sprint so I was just trying to save a trip.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you. I don't think she had a clue. I will also wait until the end of the week to see if there's a status change. Right now my order says backordered but I expect that. If it ships at then end of the week then fine. If not then I'll purchase from a Sprint store. I'm 45 miles from either Best Buy or Sprint so I was just trying to save a trip.

I'm with you. I actually have a bestbuy about 5 minutes away from my house and a sprint store 45 minutes away. I'm hoping we get ours by the shipping date because I'm sre bestbuy stores will have a very limited supply. I'm not sure about the the sprint store though

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

kynov

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have to ask this, what is the significance of having the phone ON LAUNCH DAY? What is the benefit? The people in this thread are so worried about having the device on or before May 8th... I have a crappy HTC Hero that is on its last leg. I pre-ordered the Nexus S from BB (local store) but if its not there that day then oh well, I get it when it comes in. I've waited this long...

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
well - here's another chat - i guess all this info just confirms that they don't know much!

3:59 PM ed:
i have a question about the Sprint Nexus
3:59 PM Kimberly:
Thank you, How can I help you today?
4:01 PM ed:
the release date is 5/8 - but i see for estimated delivery it says 5/2-5/3 - is that accurate?
4:01 PM Kimberly:
No I am sorry that is not accurate, I am sorry about that.
4:02 PM ed:
do you know when it would ship?
4:02 PM Kimberly:
It will not ship until the launch date.

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to ask this, what is the significance of having the phone ON LAUNCH DAY? What is the benefit? The people in this thread are so worried about having the device on or before May 8th... I have a crappy HTC Hero that is on its last leg. I pre-ordered the Nexus S from BB (local store) but if its not there that day then oh well, I get it when it comes in. I've waited this long...

well, i know i want it -- yesterday! just to have the new toy- my pre- is on its last leg!

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with BB order support and she looked up ship date and said 5/5 is when they will start shipping. Hopefully have it in my hands on release day. :D

mlr_90

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Because most of us are Android junkies :)

reconboy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Got mine reserved at the local Corporate Sprint store here in Louisville Ky with the 50.00 gift card. Good possibility to get it before Friday according to the store manager. Not holding my breath though....

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Sprint is going to have the Nexus line every year now like T-mobile? If they are, I wouldn't mind getting one. Although, the EVO line is the best in business right now.

Last edited:

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if 4print is going to have the Nexus line every year now like T-mobile? If they are, I wouldn't mind getting one. Although, the EVO line is the best in business right now.

With Google functions (specifically Voice) getting more integrated with the Sprint network, I believe they will... just me thinking and wishing.

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I just bought mine off of BB.com

Scheduled for Express delivery (I had a $5 reward zone credit, which paid for Express)
Estimated Arrival: 05/04-05/05/2011

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I just bought mine off of BB.com

Scheduled for Express delivery (I had a $5 reward zone credit, which paid for Express)
Estimated Arrival: 05/04-05/05/2011

I ordered mine last week. My estimated delivery date is 5/2 or 5/3. However, I'm sure those dates isn't accurate. I'm hoping I get it, Friday or Saturday. If I get it Friday and root is out, I'll have the entire weekend to flash away :):):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463