Nexus S 4G vs Nexus S (the differences) what to expect.

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
First off last week I got my hands on the dummy unit of the Nexus S 4G and noticed the back battery door is defiantly different then the Nexus S. The NS4G has a mostly smoked chrome smooth finish with the pixelated black dots. (See pic) Interesting thing when checking the stock photos of these phone both on Sprint, Google, and Samsung the backs look all the same. But these two dummies were different then the NS they had on display.

Second According to Samsung's website the NS4G measures "4.88"x2.48"x.44" where as the NS according to Samsung's website measures :4.88"x2.48"x.43" Granted .o1 inches isn't much but it is enough to make some of the snug fit cases for the NS not quite fit the NS4G.

Finally notice in the attached screen shots, taken from Samsung's website, what's missing on the NS4G......(enough of a cliff hanger yet?)....the Video capture quality. Here's to wishful thinking that they are holding out cuz they are trying to weave in 720p! (Granted I know its an on going debate wither or not the NS4G/NS can even ever record in any form of HD) Do note though all the stats are there...but the video quality

Stats for Nexus S 4G:
Features and Specifications - Coming Soon! Nexus S 4G Android Smartphone | Samsung Mobile

Stats for Nexus S
Features and Specifications - Nexus S Android Smartphone | Samsung Mobile

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm just hope the Case Mate Pop! fit it.

There aren't to many cases made for the 1st Nexus S, so I doubt there will be many redesigns for the 4G model.

It would be nice to have the 720p, but I'm not holding my breath.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If ever on the video recording is false. Same camera as galaxy s and tbey record 720p

The verdict on other posts is that vanilla android never supported hd viseo recording. Its put in from manufactorer. However it was said the next version of android will natively support hd video.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
O, and to the cases: the siedo website shows cases titled "Nexus S 4g" so I'm assuming it's the same size in reality.... unless they went a head an made it .01 bigger, lol. Maybe the measurer was off that day or the first time.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
O, and to the cases: the siedo website shows cases titled "Nexus S 4g" so I'm assuming it's the same size in reality.... unless they went a head an made it .01 bigger, lol. Maybe the measurer was off that day or the first time.

Well it wouldn't be the first time. The i9020 is a different size than the i9023, and the cases that were made to fit the i9020 don't fit well at all on the i9023's. The difference between the i9020 and the NS4G is much smaller, so lets hope. I still wouldn't hold much hope for the cases like the feather or barely there fitting as it's supposed to.

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

The main reason i made the case statement cuz i really want one Incipio Google Nexus S feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, Google Nexus S Cases, Nexus S Cases, Google Nexus S, Google Nexus S Hard Shell Cases, Google Nexus S Silicone Case
and im told it is a hard snap case that fits very tight. I sent an email to Incipio and they said that their cases have very little tolerance and can not confirm anything until the phone is released.

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the "goes great with" accessories section for the NS4G on the Samsung site. Has a non-USB charger and a Micro SD card as suggested accessories..

furthermore, if you check compatibility for the Micro SD card with the Nexus S 4G's model number, it says it's GUARANTEED to work with the phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274