Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rc28a's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

    Default When can we order from telesales

    And what is the best/quickest number to get through
  2. #2  

    Default

    Sunday. No word on if it will be available for premier on Thursday yet.

    Any one know how long it takes to ship if it comes out for premier on Thursday?
  3. #3  
    BlackHawkA4's Avatar
    Drop the Bag

    Posts
    2,360 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

    Default

    Am I the only one who feels like the stores will be adequately stocked. Every time I tell someone I'm getting a Nexus S they are like what hell is that? Shampoo?
  4. #4  

    Default

    That last statement made me laugh out loud. I get the same thing at my local Sprint store. They don't act like they know very much nor really care. They keep trying to get people to buy the EVO. I don't want no stinkin' EVO, give me the Nexus!
  5. #5  
    Trun's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyButt

    Default

    i went and preordered mine at a Sprint store. the guy seemed very nervous and had no idea what he was doing. I left the store with a "swear" that he will personally enter my name in the database (after taking my info down on a sheet of paper (which I'm sure was thrown in some trash without being properly destroyed))
  6. #6  

    Default

    Sprint Premier tweeted this:
    Sprint_Premier Sprint Premier
    Another "first to buy" oppy launches for our Premier customers tomorrow, this time on the latest green device: Sprint Community

    Sounds like we won't be able to get the Nexus early... It will be the Replenish instead.
  7. #7  
    AndroidOne's Avatar

    Posts
    805 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

    Default

    It worries me to see how much Sprint is neglecting the Nexus launch. Still there is no updated info on their website, some of their CS seem clueless as to what is going on with the Nexus and to add insult to injury, there are a some local Sprint stores that have the Nexus posters up and everything but still have no idea if and when is coming out or even how to pre-order one.

    Before you jump on me, I am aware the official release date is this Sunday. However, I can't understand why or how there still so little information around just four days before the expected (an officially announced) release date of the Nexus. There is not even an official off-contract price stated on the Sprint site yet. On all my years as a Sprint customer, I don't remember such an underwhelming release effort for a high-end smartphone before.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidOne View Post
    It worries me to see how much Sprint is neglecting the Nexus launch. Still there is no updated info on their website, some of their CS seem clueless as to what is going on with the Nexus and to add insult to injury, there are a some local Sprint stores that have the Nexus posters up and everything but still have no idea if and when is coming out or even how to pre-order one.

    Before you jump on me, I am aware the official release date is this Sunday. However, I can't understand why or how there still so little information around just four days before the expected (an officially announced) release date of the Nexus. There is not even an official off-contract price stated on the Sprint site yet. On all my years as a Sprint customer, I don't remember such an underwhelming release effort for a high-end smartphone before.
    Because its a developer phone that isn't loaded with carrier and 3rd party bloatware. Hence the smaller profit margin and lower overall userbase (read: your grandma wouldn't want a Nexus S).
  9. #9  
    AndroidOne's Avatar

    Posts
    805 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

    Default

    That may be so.

    Just hope they remember to ship mine on time for Sunday...
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by god_trentonj View Post
    Sprint Premier tweeted this:
    Sprint_Premier Sprint Premier
    Another "first to buy" oppy launches for our Premier customers tomorrow, this time on the latest green device: Sprint Community

    Sounds like we won't be able to get the Nexus early... It will be the Replenish instead.

    Sprints "first to buy" program is 3 days before release. It is such a waste considering it prob takes 1-2 days to ship. And if the ship time is 2 days, you get it 1 day before release, and if the shipper doesn't deliver on Saturday, you get it Monday 1 day after everyone else can get it, awesome.

    If Sprint was smart they would get first to buy handsets into the hands of Premier Gold customers 2 weeks before release, thats a real "first to buy".
    Save the 3 day first to buy for Premier Silver.
    Everybody wants what they can't have and Sprint should use the early buy promotion to generate buzz created by the Premier Gold customers flashing around their exclusive phones for 2 weeks.

    (And the above would do nothing for me as i'm Silver Premier, but it just makes sense.)

    -j-
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycinla View Post
    Sprints "first to buy" program is 3 days before release. It is such a waste considering it prob takes 1-2 days to ship. And if the ship time is 2 days, you get it 1 day before release, and if the shipper doesn't deliver on Saturday, you get it Monday 1 day after everyone else can get it, awesome.

    If Sprint was smart they would get first to buy handsets into the hands of Premier Gold customers 2 weeks before release, thats a real "first to buy".
    Save the 3 day first to buy for Premier Silver.
    Everybody wants what they can't have and Sprint should use the early buy promotion to generate buzz created by the Premier Gold customers flashing around their exclusive phones for 2 weeks.

    (And the above would do nothing for me as i'm Silver Premier, but it just makes sense.)

    -j-

    Honestly, I'm fine with getting it either a day before or a day after. What do I care if I have it 1 day after every one else? Ordering from Telesales saves me the $36 activation fee....
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidOne View Post
    On all my years as a Sprint customer, I don't remember such an underwhelming release effort for a high-end smartphone before.
    I have a friend that works for Samsung and she said that Samsung isn't allowed to promote this phone so all marketing dollars have to come from Sprint. I think this is probably why everything is so low key. I imagine that the usual case is for the manufacturer to be the driver. In this case, nobody is actively pushing.
  13. #13  

    Default

    If you are just upgrading your phone, the cost is an additional $18. You would pay that at either place, Best Buy or Sprint.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by god_trentonj View Post
    Honestly, I'm fine with getting it either a day before or a day after. What do I care if I have it 1 day after every one else? Ordering from Telesales saves me the $36 activation fee....
    This is exactly my point (for Sprint), the "first to buy" promotion isn't causing any excitement with its customers because the first to buy receive date is so close to the actual release date.


    (Also, getting the activation fee waived in Sprint Corp stores is pretty easy if you talk to them)
  15. #15  

    Default

    If you order on sprint.com and activate your phone online, there is no activation fee.
  16. #16  
    Beezzy's Avatar

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

    Default

    Best Buy online, express shipping is $4.99, no stupid MIR, thats what I did.

    Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    Best Buy online, express shipping is $4.99, no stupid MIR, thats what I did.

    Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk


    What is your delivery date?
  18. #18  

    Default

    There are no mail in rebates right now. Everything is instant so no waiting for the UPS driver to deliver my package!
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by automatous View Post
    If you order on sprint.com and activate your phone online, there is no activation fee.
    If you are doing an upgrade, then there is a $18. fee even if you order online (no activation fee just an upgrade fee). If you're new to sprint then they waive the activation fee if you order online. Be careful. We ordered online and something went wrong with the phone. You CANNOT take it to a Sprint store to have it replaced. Because the phone does not come out of their inventory in the first place and they cannot replace it from there. You have to deal with the .com store and they have to send you out another phone and you have to return the defective one. They were trying to get us to use the insurance on a phone that was less than 30 days old that had a hardware problem. Finally, I got someone that understood what was happening and they took care of it. Much easier to go into a store and get your phone so if anything goes wrong you can get another one right away.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Not sure what your experience is, but I've ordered phones online and activated online for a couple of years and there is no fee for activation or upgrade whatsoever.

    Sprint's site states as much. https://manage.sprintpcs.com/special...bateWelcome.do (states that non-online orders have $18 fee, but makes no mention of fee for online orders)

    If you paid an upgrade fee for a phone you bought and activated online, I'd recommend calling Sprint to get your money back.
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    If you are doing an upgrade, then there is a $18. fee even if you order online (no activation fee just an upgrade fee). If you're new to sprint then they waive the activation fee if you order online. Be careful. We ordered online and something went wrong with the phone. You CANNOT take it to a Sprint store to have it replaced. Because the phone does not come out of their inventory in the first place and they cannot replace it from there. You have to deal with the .com store and they have to send you out another phone and you have to return the defective one. They were trying to get us to use the insurance on a phone that was less than 30 days old that had a hardware problem. Finally, I got someone that understood what was happening and they took care of it. Much easier to go into a store and get your phone so if anything goes wrong you can get another one right away.
    This is incorrect, I just returned my online purchased Shift to my local Sprint corp store last week. I called Sprint before I went in and they said no problem, then the store had no problem when i went in and a restocking fee was not charged.

    Also, when i got the Shift it was an upgrade and i was not charged an upgrade fee.
  22. #22  

    Default

    Yes, I have never had to pay any sort of upgrade fee online either. I have also returned an online purchase to the Sprint store without any issue. I also have taken a defective Pre I purchased online and exchanged it in the store for a new Pre without any problem.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Well, this was not my experience. I purchased a Shift for my future daughter in law on line. She decided that she wanted the EVO. We tried to return it to the store, they said no we would have to deal with the .com people. Called them, they sent out a EVO and we returned the Shift and had to wait a couple billing cycles before everything was credited back to my acct. I will not do it online again. I don't care if I do have to pay an extra $18. it was worth it not to have to deal with the back and forth stuff. Maybe my store is not a corporate store and that is why they refused it. Same thing happened when the EVO camera became defective. The store would not help because we did not buy it there.
  24. #24  
    Beezzy's Avatar

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scout7 View Post
    What is your delivery date?
    Don't know yet, it hasn't shipped, hopefully it ships tomorrow.
    Thanked by:
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycinla View Post
    Sprints "first to buy" program is 3 days before release. It is such a waste considering it prob takes 1-2 days to ship. And if the ship time is 2 days, you get it 1 day before release, and if the shipper doesn't deliver on Saturday, you get it Monday 1 day after everyone else can get it, awesome.

    If Sprint was smart they would get first to buy handsets into the hands of Premier Gold customers 2 weeks before release, thats a real "first to buy".
    Save the 3 day first to buy for Premier Silver.
    Everybody wants what they can't have and Sprint should use the early buy promotion to generate buzz created by the Premier Gold customers flashing around their exclusive phones for 2 weeks.

    (And the above would do nothing for me as i'm Silver Premier, but it just makes sense.)

    -j-

    Does that mean all pre orders can pick up there phone tomorrow?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions