1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Defective Nexus S 4G

I picked mine up this morning and my Home, Search, Menu, and Back buttons don't light up. I tried a factory reset and still nothing. Now my store is sold out and the nearby stores won't release until Sunday.

Has anyone else seen this? I was so excited to get one 2 days early that it took about an hour before I noticed.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 9 and Matr1x

Quote Originally Posted by orange-man View Post
    I picked mine up this morning and my Home, Search, Menu, and Back buttons don't light up. I tried a factory reset and still nothing. Now my store is sold out and the nearby stores won't release until Sunday.

Has anyone else seen this? I was so excited to get one 2 days early that it took about an hour before I noticed.
    Dude that sux
    My name is Matt and I am a......
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Actually I need to correct myself. It didn't look lit up outdoors but now that I am inside, I see that it is very dimly lit. Nothing like the Epic 4G. I thought what I was looking at was the thin silver lines like on the Evo. Now I realize that it is barely lit and doesn't increase in brightness as the screen brightness increases. This is a bit of a disappointment, but it is useable for sure.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

im thanking you because the same thing happened to me and im glad to know im not the only one that was caught off guard by this. going to have to get used to the new button layout too.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Why are they so dim. Ive been wondering this. Do they save battery or something. Lol
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I can't imagine why they are intentionally dim like this. Every other Android phone has them at least a little brighter, and usually a lot brighter.

I find this odd too. I could not find anything to let me change the brightness of those buttons.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Heres a bettee question. Are they hars to press. The ones on the epic arent sensitive enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    Heres a bettee question. Are they hars to press. The ones on the epic arent sensitive enough.
    Buttons are fine to press. Sensitive enough but not annoyingly sensitive.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Do you know what the epic buttons feel like?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    Do you know what the epic buttons feel like?
    Yep, these are much more responsive. Not even a fair comparison. You'll see what I mean when you play with one.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Yep, these are much more responsive. Not even a fair comparison. You'll see what I mean when you play with one.
    O thank god. That was one thing i was worried about. The one they had in bb was busted. Zip ties together. I couldnt even hit the back button. Had to hit it 4 times. Lol. That being an old t mobile one. Wish i was getting it tomorrow. Gotra wait till monday.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Bringing back the thread.

Official take on the buttons.

I love them. They are 100x more responsive than the epic. I'm not pressing them 3 times to get it going.

The brightness. Well it doesn't bother me. 1. I press from memory in the first place. 2. They don't light up enough in sunlight but you can see them slightly when they are off in direct sunlight. And I always hated reading in low light because of them blinding me on the epic. They are perfect.

my buttons are very dim too. Also overall the screen isn't as bright as my EVO. The colors are better but just not as bright.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

I don't like bright screens. Maybe in the sunlight but I never have it all the way up. The screen is perfect. The colors!