Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

hey all,
    i currently own the evo shift 4g, and im running cm7. i love the stock gingerbread rom, but im hating the hiccups that come with loading a custom rom. im thinking about picking up a nexus s 4g. what the consensus? is it worth the change, or should i stick it out with the evo shift?

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

The name is Quis...my Android life started with the Hero...then the Epic...then the EVO....then the EVO Shift...and now I'm rockin with the Nexus.

I have a good feeling this will be my favorite of them all. I enjoy messing with my phones and making them ME which is why I'm an Android nerd.

My OS experience varies...I've owned the Blackberry Bold and Tour...I've also owned the Palm Pixi and Pre. Android is what I prefer over them all.

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTirkle View Post
    hey all,
    i currently own the evo shift 4g, and im running cm7. i love the stock gingerbread rom, but im hating the hiccups that come with loading a custom rom. im thinking about picking up a nexus s 4g. what the consensus? is it worth the change, or should i stick it out with the evo shift?
    Go Nexus...

I too was running CM7 on the Shift and the Nexus offers such a smoother experience overall. You wont be disappointed.
    cq

I came from an OG Droid on Verizon and left specifically because they did not have a Nexus or any other vanilla Android devices. I am quite happy with the Nexus. It is far from perfect, but having stock Android and knowing that I will get the latest updates makes me very happy.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Whats going people My name is Larry i go by Gummyroids (kids dont like needles) Im from the central coast CA, I picked up the Nexus the day of the release, and I enjoy using the android platform. I am an avid Mac user, and I am new to these forums.

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

Just ordered mine online and am coming from the LG Optimus S, where I tried every ROM that KSmithinNY developed and can't wait to see what he comes up with for the NS4G! Before the Optimus I used the Hero with CM6. I'm a wife, mom of three, and have worked for the same PD in Central IL for 20 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by debh945 View Post
    Just ordered mine online and am coming from the LG Optimus S, where I tried every ROM that KSmithinNY developed and can't wait to see what he comes up with for the NS4G! Before the Optimus I used the Hero with CM6. I'm a wife, mom of three, and have worked for the same PD in Central IL for 20 years now.
    Hey now theres a familiar face welcome to the party! You're going to love this phone.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Thanked by:

Bobby from OKC here. This is my second Android coming from a HTC Hero. It was overclocked, custom rom etc but still 2 yrs old and slow. The NS4G rocks. We are an Android house with the NS4G, an Epic and a Rooted Nook Color. Came from Blackberry and never looked back!

ROM
    Stock

Hey whats up everyone im a new Nexus S owner

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Hey now theres a familiar face welcome to the party! You're going to love this phone.
    My name is Dave...I am also coming from the Optimus and have asked KSmith about a hundred questions. I was glad to find a familiar dev on this site...he's done great stuff in the past and is always willing to help out.

I have only been messing with phones for about a year and a half. Started with the Hero, then the Optimus, now the Nexus S. I was waiting for Sprint to put out something that didn't suck so I finally bit. I have already rooted my Nexus and look forward to what everyone contributes on this site as well as any others. Don't hate if I ask a lot of questions.

Ski from south Jerz here. Coming from an Evo and never looking back. This is one kick *** phone!

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4

Switching from BlackBerry some time next week after years with RIM. I had a Palm Pre, which was short lived. Really excited to dive into the growing Android world.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Just got mine last night.....coming from a BlackBerry Bold and the difference is quite amazing. So far just playing around and seeing what kind of battery life I can get out if it.

New to the forum and new to Android. Finally ditched the Blackberry this past Sunday for the Nexus. I don't think I'll be looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerTom View Post
    Just got mine last night.....coming from a BlackBerry Bold and the difference is quite amazing. So far just playing around and seeing what kind of battery life I can get out if it.
    Just ditched my Bold too (kept freezing and rebooting on its own). I agree the difference is quite amazing. My only thing coming from Blackberry to this is not knowing whether things are closed or not when I think I've closed them since a lot of the applications don't have any type of exit option in the menu. Debating whether or not to install a task killer since Android is supposed to manage apps on it's own.

Default Finally Dumping Blackberry

Eric from IL....I just ordered mine and can't wait....I don't know why it took me so long, but I've finally given up on RIM! Looking forward to the phone arriving on Monday.

Hey, everyone!!!!
    Just made the move from my Palm Pre. . . I don't miss it at all!!!
    Glad to get that off my chest! This Nexus S is pretty cool!!!

gonna order one soon!

Just got the Nexus S for my wife, poor thing had the original Palm Pre for over 2 years. This is our first Android phone (I'm waiting on the EVO 3D) and so far it's great. Looking forward to the tips and discussions on the board!

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just ordered my S. I am coming from a Palm Pre. I really like webOS, but the hardware is simply poor. even overclocked it is laggy and slow. Battery life is pathetic and the ecosystem lacks developer support in terms of apps and with no new dates for a Sprint Pre3, I decided to try out Android. I tried one out in the Sprint store, but it is hard to tell until the phone is synced up and running. Hopefully I will not be disappointed. I am particularly interesting in how it will manage my gmail calendar for home and my exchange calendar for work. webOS was particularly good at this.

ricky T. my progression with phones has been winMO-BB-webOS-and now 3 android phones (EVO,EPIC, and now Nexus S 4G)

Quote Originally Posted by RecalcitrantRon View Post
    I just ordered my S. I am coming from a Palm Pre. I really like webOS, but the hardware is simply poor. even overclocked it is laggy and slow. Battery life is pathetic and the ecosystem lacks developer support in terms of apps and with no new dates for a Sprint Pre3, I decided to try out Android. I tried one out in the Sprint store, but it is hard to tell until the phone is synced up and running. Hopefully I will not be disappointed. I am particularly interesting in how it will manage my gmail calendar for home and my exchange calendar for work. webOS was particularly good at this.
    webOS was an amazing idea. the lack of follow up by Palm is akin to Sony and Betamax. there are some things the Pre was amazing at, unfortunately, it didnt do simple things well. Android is catching up (imho) but it does it so much better. and the NexusS4G is a flat out rocket compared to anything else out there

Not certain where to start,
    My current phone is a company supplied Motorola Razor.
    No Internet, no apps, nothing, nadda, zip, zilch.

My wife is currently using my old Palm 755P but she's ready for an upgrade.
    So as a birthday present my wife told me that I could to get myself a phone that I wanted.
    I had every intention of getting an Evo. Ended up ordering a Nexus S 4g.(Just couldn't resist).
    Per UPS, it should be at my house when I get home.

I'm going to start looking thru the various posts here, But I'm curious if there's anything I should know upfront. All advice is welcome.
    This is my first Android phone.

Hello,
    First time Android user. Coming from a Palm Pre. Love the phone so far, just have a few issues I'm trying to work out. Love this forum!

Hello All. This is my first Android Device and I'm coming from a Palm Pre. I'm loving the Nexus S 4G. Now if we can get those signaling issues fixed...
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast