Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I am also coming from a palm pre. Got it on launch day 2 years ago. It seems like there are a lot of former pre owners switching to the NS4G. I am really loving it. I do miss the gestures, but that is about it. The available apps are great, and the screen is just sick. In both color, resolution and responsiveness. Absolutely loving it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ROM
    Deck 1.3/Matr1x-cfs5.5

I switched from AT&T to Sprint because my iPhone 4 kept dropping calls. I figured that the Nexus S 4G was a proven phone (from T-mo) so I jumped ship and bought it. Now I'm plagued with all the crappy radio issues that everyone is talking about. I just can't win. Maybe it's time for a dumb phone.

Quote Originally Posted by corndog22cl View Post
    I switched from AT&T to Sprint because my iPhone 4 kept dropping calls. I figured that the Nexus S 4G was a proven phone (from T-mo) so I jumped ship and bought it. Now I'm plagued with all the crappy radio issues that everyone is talking about. I just can't win. Maybe it's time for a dumb phone.
    lol i feel your pain but don't worry, this will get resolved soon enough and then we'll be basking in the glory! The N series of phones is a developer series so while we get the latest and greatest stuff, that goes hand in hand with us being testers of sorts and having the bugs. By the time other manufacturers push updates out to non-N series phones, the bugs have been worked out and we're all on something even newer and better with newer bugs

It's a vicious circle but one that's well worth it for me because I'm sick of waiting 12 months just to get old software updates.

Oh and ... welcome to the Android family!
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

I got my wife the Nexus S after convincing her to give up her Hero. She'd been complaining about how slow it was and I'd been trying to talk her into the Evo, like I have. When we got to the Sprint store yesterday, the salesguy showed her the Nexus and it was all over. The form factor, the light weight and the display along with how fast it is convinced her to get it. She loves it.

I'm somewhat concerned about the reported data connection speeds and will be on this forum looking for answers. I told my wife what I"d heard, but she wasn't too concerned. We'll see what happens.

ROM
    Stock

Orangevale, CA here and lovin' my ns4g. Just got it 24hrs ago and haven't slept a whole lot but I was also on call all night. Came from a razr to the moment for my first android experience. Then I went epic but all the while I've been drooling over the nexus line so when it was announced that sprint was getting one my fate was sealed ;-)

Its only a matter of time until I root this sucker and unlock its true potential....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Hello Forun.. comin back to Android central.. new user name ... Jersey!!! NS4G

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Hey! Upgraded from EVO 4G and love this Nexus S wifi seems a little week but the display is off the hook!

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    lol i feel your pain but don't worry, this will get resolved soon enough and then we'll be basking in the glory! The N series of phones is a developer series so while we get the latest and greatest stuff, that goes hand in hand with us being testers of sorts and having the bugs. By the time other manufacturers push updates out to non-N series phones, the bugs have been worked out and we're all on something even newer and better with newer bugs

It's a vicious circle but one that's well worth it for me because I'm sick of waiting 12 months just to get old software updates.

Oh and ... welcome to the Android family!
    when google has an update ready... can you refuse to update and wait till after everyone else tests it all out? heh

ROM
    Soju NS4G

Im Jared ak Perry and enjoy pretty much anything technology related. Im addicted to buying new phones and waiting for the upgrade periods. I been with Sprint for about 8 yrs. I was in love with my Evo 4G for day 1 til I sold it, but my Nexus 4G is amazing, simple and pure Google (timely updates, no bloatware).

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

Default Howdy

Coming from a Touch Pro 2 and every Treo in the book (with the exception of the Pre) all I can say is wow. Nexus S and Android, where have you been all my life?

chuck.
    when i heard 99% of android phones have a security flaw
    i thought, "oh that sucks, i wonder what the 1% is?"
    then i found out nexus s was in that 1% and i knew i made the right purchase. :P

My name is Stephen.. I work at Sprint. Ive had the Moment, Hero, Epic 4G, Lg Optimus, Evo and now Nexus S 4G.. and oh ya I have an iphone 4..

New to the forums. Just got my Nexus S 4G yesterday. Upgraded from my down and out Palm Pre. I really wanted a Pre 3 but with no word or committment from HP or Sprint, I couldnt hold out any longer.

More or less, I like the Nexus. I haven't used it for too much......I'm a bit intimidated. I got some basic apps like:

Facebook, NoLed, Gamefly, netflix, Angry Birds and just installed Swype.

I feel like there is a learning curve but I'm excited about the potential for real effeciency with Android. I just wish Bestbuy was able to transfer my contacts -___-

Quote Originally Posted by Uncl3Fac3 View Post
    New to the forums. Just got my Nexus S 4G yesterday. Upgraded from my down and out Palm Pre. I really wanted a Pre 3 but with no word or committment from HP or Sprint, I couldnt hold out any longer.

More or less, I like the Nexus. I haven't used it for too much......I'm a bit intimidated. I got some basic apps like:

Facebook, NoLed, Gamefly, netflix, Angry Birds and just installed Swype.

I feel like there is a learning curve but I'm excited about the potential for real effeciency with Android. I just wish Bestbuy was able to transfer my contacts -___-
    Received my Nexus S 4G on May 13, as a late birthday/early Mother's Day gift. I also was hoping to get the Palm Pre 3, but my better half kept insisting that Android is where it's at and used his upgrade to get me the Nexus S 4G. He bought it at Best Buy, where they were able to to transfer all of my contacts from my Pre (our 3 year old now uses it to play Angry Birds).

With the exception of Gamefly, I have the same apps downloaded, as well as LauncherPro+ (I'm able to make my screens look like my Pre)

You can try and go to a Sprint Store and get them to transfer your contacts.

Hi, I'm zx3junglist.

I am a long-time Palm Pre (Sprint) user, and am a user over at our SPE sister-site precentral.net. My wife recently got a NS4G on our new family plan, and since I'm the tech-savvy person in the household, I figured I'd do a little reading. I have to admit, I have a little bit of phone envy. Not because of Android (Still a WebOS faithful!) but because of the sexy hardware. Gotta remember, my poor little palm is 2 years old

-ZX

Hi,

I'm Roni from Missouri. I just ordered my Nexus this past Saturday and it is on the way!! I've had the Hero, EVO, Droid 2 Global, and currently the iPhone 4. I have always loved Android and have no idea what made me jump ship to locked down Apple!

Hi everyone,

My name is Tom. I just got a Nexus S 4G last thursday despite some of the issues. I'm loving the phone (even with shorter battery life than i'm used to). I'm coming from an iphone 4 jailbreak which i basically added all the features I wanted from Android, like notifications on the top, swipe down, panoramic wallpaper that moves.

After 4 years, I wanted to change not because I didn't like the platform but its always good to have a different perspective on gadgets especially from a person like me who constantly upgrades and works with technology on daily basis.

Hopefully, I will enjoy Nexus S. It's such a beautiful phone and I got a great deal. Also i wanted stock gingerbread. It's extremely fast phone for an outdated phone. Stock FTW.

later,
    DammitCubs.

Have had my Nexus S 4G for a couple weeks now...had to make the upgrade from the Palm Pre on Sprint when the screen finally went. I am still learning the basics of using Android, and so far there is a lot to love/hate.
    Love the hardware...everything is super fast!
    Love all the apps available
    Love how customizable Android is.

Hate multitasking on Android (coming from the Pre anything is going to seem second rate here...)
    Miss being able to swipe things away to close/delete.
    Miss patches from WebOS...it was so easy to tweak/customize/hack. Don't want to have to root my phone (yet.)

All in all, I think it is pretty even...I miss WebOS, but am glad to have new hardware and access to apps that were missing on the Palm platform...like Audible, a good barcode scanner, etc. I know a lot of my current frustration is due to me not knowing my way around the OS yet.

Hi i'm Vinh

I just got the Nexus S 4G a few days ago and a love it so far... I still have to get used to using it and customizing it so the batteries don't run out in 10 hours.

I just wanted to say hi to everyone

Default Travis from Wisconsin...

Just a computer/tech nerd from the Midwest. Gingerbread was the first Android build I liked enough to get me off of WebOS but I still think the user experience on WebOS is much better. Unfortunately, I like killer hardware too and got tired of waiting 2+ years for a new phone.

Hi. My name is Reesa and I am addicted to... oh, oops... wrong forum. Oh wait... right forum I think cause in one day I have become addicted to Android! I was using a Pantech Matrix Pro and just today (okay so tecnically yesterday but I havne't slept yet **points back up to the addicted to Android comment**) I upgraded to a Samsung Nexus S and am loving it!

There is so much to learn on it though, and I'm one of those old fogees who is afraid of screwing something up. *LOL* Give me a computer and I'm fine. But these things... yah, scary.

But I am looking forward to learning more about my phone in the coming days/weeks.

Hi, All! Dell here. I got my Nexus S 4G on Friday, and I am in Love with it! I've owned an Evo 4G, then an Epic 4G, and preferred my Epic over the Evo. The only thing I wanted changed on the Epic was a candybar form factor (for better cases) and stock Android. I could not be happier with my purchase.

I'd like to be on the cutting edge and have a dual-core phone, but I can hold out until the Nexus 3 comes later this year, and hopefully first to Sprint since they seen to be Google's new carrier BFF. All in all, love the phone! Having some of the reported signal issues, but mainly on WiFi. 3G is performing above average. I get the 1x from time to time. Going to try out CM7 on here and see if it may be a software issue, and not this new hardware.

Oh, and this thing feels amazing in the hands! Some may complain about the "cheap" feel, but I loved that about my Epic, and now this. And my Epic became really familiar with concrete, but withstood the abuse like a soldier. Samsung must use some high quality plastics. Hope the same for my Nexus, especially with it not having gorilla glass.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Hi, I'm Marc, and until Friday I was a die-hard WebOS partisan (and PalmOS before that). I gave up on HP getting a new WebOS phone out on Sprint before my launch day Pre died, so took the plunge and went to the Nexus S 4G and Android. I'm still fumbling my way around a bit, but from looking around I have confidence that it will do everything I need it to do, and more besides.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    ROM
    Soon to be ROOTED

New to the Android scene, have been using Windows for over 5 years and have finally made the switch. Already so much going on for me to wrap my head around but cannot wait to have this monster fully under control.

second android phone for me (first was droid 2...yuck). love the pure google experience, but having some radio issues with my wifi/4g which i don't like. hoping samsung/google send out some maintenance updates!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast