Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

ok...

so, i am now posted everywhere... all over this thing with oh hai threads and the whatnot...

so sorry...

i am a new user, new to this board, and i am looking forward to being more than a smartphone ******.

grazzi

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

ok let me know if you have an idea. my company has security when i set up my phone for outlook company so now I have to put in 4 diget code to get into phone. love the security but with pre I was at least able to set up to just have to do every 30 mins, but on the nexus no such program and have to put in the code everytime I use it. any way for it not to go into the lock mode all the time where you have to slide the lock to open then I have to put in code.... maybe this would be a solution

Name is Juan. from Brooklyn. NY. this is my 3rd android device started with the cliq (lol yes), then the Vibrant. (lost it while drunk). decided to try apple and purchased the iphone 4 (HATED it). now i am more than content with my nexus s 4g.

Hi, I am a recovering Palm addict, I first started with the Visor and phone module ...

I only converted my wife's dying Win6.5 (we need reliable Outlook sync) for business purposes. I stay up to late playing with her Nexus S - I got the rooting bug with my Palm Pre (Sprint) and love webOS, but I really expected a new palm last summer OR at least a Plus for Sprint.

I realized with the Pre that many of my favorite apps were just ports from iphone or android. The closed nature of Apple, the too cultish following and one size fits all do not inspire me.

More than anything HP burned their bridges when they did alot of talk and produced nothing. They are reminding me of Microsoft and WinMo7 which I wanted for business purposes.

Shockingly I had my first taste of droid world when I installed Mobile Shell on my Palm win 6.1 phone - I can almost not distingusih the experience other than the faster hardware and bigger screen. I love the cutomizing and easy viewing of calendars (Cozi, Outlook via SBS push, and gmail, text and general customizing (Go Launcher)

Can you over widget and slow this beast down? Also I really have not figured out multitasking, I thought it was easier on the winmo/mobile shell and of course webOS ... (sweet)

I like my wife's so much I will give up waiting for the Pre3 on Sprint - especially as they cant even say if Sprint will get anything this year or ever ...%#@ - give me a break. Let alone getting certainl business apps that dont seem to migrate from Android or IOS.

One big concern - is the wussy signal / radio capable of being fixed by updates? Has Google/Sammy acknowledged?

PS I really dig the insane app store, widgets and SUPER customizations - why does anyone feel the need to root? (I know ...) I'll miss PreCentral ... especially the super helpful forum members and Internalz/Patch community - they really made the phone rock.

I picked up the Nexus S about 3 weeks ago. This is my first android device, my previous phone was a Nokia E71 which was a great little phone. I have noticed some of the signal issues everyone is reporting but they haven't impacted the utility of the phone. My biggest complaint is that it sometime takes a little while to connect to the google servers when i unlock the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Greetings! This is a place for new Nexus owners to say hi - and feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself
    I am John from Frisco, TX. I was a launch-day Palm Pre customer who has been with Sprint since 1997. I waited for for two years for a successor WebOS device on Sprint and yesterday decided to wait no more. The Nexus S 4G is my first Android device. I am a complete Android newb, so I will be trying to soak up as much know-how as possible.

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

Hola... I got my Nexus S 4G on Thursday and normally I don't root, and but I did last night and I'm currently running a nightly build version of cm7.

I've always been a fan of the Nexus series.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast

Hi, i'm cory and i just bought a nexus s.

loving every moment of it.

Default Re: Welcome to the Nexus S 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

I got the Nexus S 4G on launch day. I too am a WebOS refugee. But i have to say that i've been really enjoying my Android experience so far.

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast Nightly

Hi, my name is Simon Ponder, and I am a Google-holic.
    "I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    ROM
    t879 rooted aws radio

hello my name is Alick and i used to be a blackberry user. but I have just switch to android and got a nexus S. I wish they had a canadian nexus forum on here?

Hello nexus owners and enthusiasts,
    My name is Robert, from Medford Oregon, and I never new I would enjoy rooting, roming and moding phones so much. 6 months ago I was walilking around with my hero and only used it for making calls. Next thing I recall, its 3am and I am flashing roms and loving it...

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoJohnny View Post
    I am John from Frisco, TX. I was a launch-day Palm Pre customer who has been with Sprint since 1997. I waited for for two years for a successor WebOS device on Sprint and yesterday decided to wait no more. The Nexus S 4G is my first Android device. I am a complete Android newb, so I will be trying to soak up as much know-how as possible.
    Hey John, you are in good company here. I too have/had a launch day Palm Pre. Today I got the NS4G and really love it so far. I got so sick and tired of no support and the lame apps catalogue on WebOS. I wish them luck -- the OS had such promise. But, I fear that HP has run it into oblivion. Even developers are abandoning that ship.

~Tori

Hello everybody, my name is Steve from Chicago, and I am a proud owner of the nexus. I moved over to the Nexus from the Evo 3D mainly because I have always wanted a pure android phone, and because the evo3 was to bulky, and I really do not like really oblong screens. So far aftedr just 1 day, this phone is perfect.

Hello, new Nexus owner. Ray Baker
    Having all the issues, waiting for update!

Hello, long time reader, first time poster here.

I'm also a proud new Nexus S 4G owner. I just moved from a (don't laugh) Samsung Eternity on AT&T and, boy am I glad to be off the Death Star!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Just got the NS4g yesterday!
    I am coming from a Palm Pre that is a little over 2 years old.
    Missing some of the webOS features, but just have to get used to the way Android works.
    Miss the touchstone for sure.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Proud owner of new Nexus S 4G. Switched from EVO 3D.
    HTC EVO 3D < Nexus S 4G

Quote Originally Posted by LiamCarney View Post
    Proud owner of new Nexus S 4G. Switched from EVO 3D.
    Did the same thing with mine. I do miss the sense launcher a little bit and the feel of the phone. But this phone is too awsome to put down alot. Sometimes nearly get in trouble at work with it. Welcome aboard the NSG4.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Another Palm Pre convert here... Just got my NSG4 yesterday and am really enjoying it. I miss what everyone else is missing on the Pre but things I'm loving so far:

Fast boot and shut down times - like 1/10th the time of the Pre
    Much more responsive
    Far better hardware
    Surfing the web isn't tedious anymore

hi, im Gordon from South Jersey, im a palm pre convert here, and ill be buying my NS4G tonight at best buy, because i was invited to a shopping event after hours, and will receive 1000 bonus pts on my account for a new phone/upgrade. im gonna miss webos, but with no apparent sign of another webos device on the horizon and my phone starting to **** out again this was a sign to instead of getting my my phone replaced with another refurb(would be replacing it for phone #7, thats right im on my 6th palm pre), i might as well use my upgrade since im a premier gold member and can upgrade every year. if ANYONE could give a webos user some suggestions as to what to do, tips, hints, etc, that would be extremely helpful, but i kno im going to end up playing around with it all night tonight to get myself accustomed to the OS. thanks

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

My name is Matt from Portland, Oregon area.
    Nice to see I am not the only one that left Palm. NS4G has been a good phone so far but I am still missing WebOS.

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Im a little late to the party but just got the nexus and wanted to stop by and say hi. Now to learn what all the hacking stuff is all about

The name is Rick. I'm from Dallas, TX. Like many a Sprint customer, I came from a Pre that worked well, up until I needed something new and HPalm decided to take their sweet time releasing something for Sprint. So I get the NS4G and am very happy with it. I miss the easy installation of patches and the multitasking above all, but I have no regrets.

hey this is tee.. phone is pretty cool so far..
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast