Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Default Re: Welcome to the Nexus S 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

I'm Kat. My boyfriend bought me a HTC Evo last week as a gift for my birthday, but since he told me I had the option of swapping it out in less than 30 days, I went ahead and got the Nexus S instead. Loving it so far!

My last phone... egh.. I don't even want to say. It was a crappy Straight Talk phone from Wal-mart, as basic as it can be. Think of a crappy flip phone from 6 years ago. Had a Samsung Impression before that and two other crappy LG phones, but I somehow lost those, so I figured I'd get a cheap phone that wouldn't matter if it was lost. Hopefully I won't lose this one now...

YO,

What's goin on Nexus 4G owners. Just wanted to stop by, introduce myself and say "hey!" I just picked up the Nexus S 4G through Best Buy Mobile today. I must say, I have tinkered with the device before but never really gave it too much attention. Now that I have it in my hands and own it, I am finding a lot about the phone; how snappy it is, quick, feels good, and calls are great. I found a new love for vanilla android. Now I understand the Nexus S community. I'm not too big on Samsung devices but since this is Googles flagship I know it will be well taken care of.
    yEzZiR! - samsung n400 w/camera > Sanyo mm7400 > Sanyo VM4500> Samsung Instinks > Palm pre > HTC EVO 4g
    jeravicious.wordpress.com

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth 4.2.2/Lean

I Have Been A Nexus S 4G Owner For About 4 Months Now... Been Coming To The Site For Awhile. I Like It Here! Think I'm Ready To Root, Whats The Easiest Way To Go??

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS flavor of the day....

Got my Nexus yesterday, rooted today. Absolutely love this phone. Coming from a BB curve>Hero>Optimus >evo, the nexus is by far my favorite. Love the screen and sleekness. Battery is okay( I am constantly using my phones and getting 8 hours of heavy use seems pretty good to me. Though I do wish I could find a holster/case combo the would fit an extended battery.) Signal is better than my evo, and its super quick. My stepson is even having second thoughts about his 3vo....... Pretty sure I will be extremely happy for the next 12 months! Hopefully by then I will have a choice of a high end LG phone and the next nexus.....

Edit***the only thing I miss is the screen size of the og EVO.....somewhat......

ahhhhh...........gone todash..............
    Last edited by pitmasterme; 08-06-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    beer of choice right now is...........Sieara Nevada's Ruthless Rye IPA..........mmmmmmmm......

Greetings from Da' Ghetto of San Bernardino....Just got My Nexus S 4g last week and I'm quite pleased with it. Had an Evo, Epic, hero, moment..Hands down this is by far the best phone I've had .

Just got mine yesterday. I'm trying it out for a couple weeks to decide to keep it. I like the features, but signal strength is relatively weak (1 to 2 bars), but no dropped calls, and Internet fairly responsive. No 4G in my area also.

I installed the 2.3.5. upgrade, and I haven't seen much improvement. But again, I'm willing to give it some time.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1

Hello there another user of the Nexus S 4G and gotta say i am loving this phone

Just wanted to drop in early and say I will be joining the club in a day or two once my local store gets in its next shipment of Nexus S 4g's!

Some of you know me already from the Samsung Epic 4g section and now I will be apart of your community soon

I can't wait to dive in and start making some new friends in this community
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts

Greetings! My wife and I just, with much sorrow, upgraded our geriatric Pre's to Nexus S'. Over the coming days, I'll be looking into how much I can abuse push this thing.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Talking Re: Welcome to the Nexus S 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

Hey everybody! I am an original Pre minus owner that has made the switch to Android now that HP has bailed on WebOS devices.

I figured to get the most pure experience for Android I'd go with a phone that didn't have all the bloatware from the cell company so I can see what this thing will really do.

So far so good! Still migrating some data over but the transition isn't that difficult...not swiping away cards or swiping to switch tasks until I find the right apps will take some getting used to!

I look forward to the experience & am sure I'll find myself on here picking up tips & tricks as well as eventually hacks along the way

Just wanted to make it official now, I am a part of this great Nexus S 4g community. Pure Google is just that... Pure Google baby
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    CM9 RC1

Hey all, I've been a long time lurker and decided it's time to come into the light. I upgraded to a N-S back in early June and haven't looked back yet. Pure G is the way to go.

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies/ Matr1x

What's up everyone! I'm Joe from San Bernardino, Cali. The Nexus S 4G is my 3rd Android device and I must say so far its the best I've had minus some minor reception issues.

Hello im Mike from im coming from a Palm Pre... (crickets chirping)
    So i have about a week with this phone and am really interested in what it can do and how to root this phone. Any insight would be much appreciated.

ROM
    Ginger Fresh

My name is Preston. I live in Lacey, Wa. (originally from Hope, Ar) I had my own computer shop in the 70's and 80's then went into law enforcement but never gave up my geek/nerd/tech loving stuff. I'm 56. I got a Moment last year and rooted it the day after I got it. Didn't know what I was doing but read and read and read and learned. Today I ordered a Nexus S 4G, I already have all the files and things I need to operate on it. So, the Dr is in waiting on the patient to arrive. I was told it should be here tomorrow.... can't wait.

Hi I'm Luis from Denver, CO, originally from Chicago .. love Denver. I just got my Nexus s 4g... so far I love this phone..I think the best part is its speed .. way awesome plus the great battery life. I'm pretty excited to part of this android community., I currently work at Radioshack a d I love anything and everything wireless, I joined the Android family with the G1 which I loved so much, went to the mytouch 3g slide, left tmobile went to sprint started out with the HTC hero moved to the Samsung Epic, and now im with the Nexus, definitely the best phone ihave owned to date. Love the sleek design, fits perfectly in hand, and fast and beautiful. lovin the "Vanilla" Android. Ive come to love Samsung devices! love the Nexus S 4G, definitely sticking with it for a while
    Last edited by LuisManuel; 09-08-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Hello jeffery from Charlotte. Upgraded to the Nexus today. So far its a great phone. I tried the EVO for 30 days and turned it back in. I will probably keep the Nexus but 30 days in I will decide.

I just got my nexus s 4g today. I left behind a over 2 year old blackberry. That probably tells you that I don't know jack about 4g or androids ... or touch screens on and on!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Long time lurker, just switched over from the EVO 4G. Like the smaller size and design of the phone over the EVO.

hey all, coming back to android... was on a htc hd7 wp7 device for about 8 months... loved it! but unfortunately t-mobile service in my area is less than acceptable. so i am switching to sprint and coming back home, nexus s 4g...
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

ROM
    unrooted

Salutations....

Was debating between this or the epic 4g touch ...decided to roll with the vanilla... coming from and evo 4g that went above and beyond ...but o have no doubt this phone will let me down

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Hi all
    I'm just starting forum talk and need help on a couple things like 4g toggle and bad signal issues. Any help would be accepted

Hello all,

My name is Marco, new to the Nexus android community. I will be asking for a lot of help.

Aloha. I've migrated here from precentral.net as I was previously an owner of a palm pre. I've had my Nexus S for a week now and definitely dig it. All the cool little bells and whistles the pre had the Nexus S does, and more, and I haven't even scratched the surface. The only thing it doesn't do, which I found out is now a Google issue, is it won't sync my facebook contacts and I will find a way around that. Love being a site where things are taking off rather than winding down. LOVED webOS but the hardware was definitely an issue...

ROM
    2.6.35.7-gf5f63ef

Hello there, my name is J Rich and I'm from MI. I have recently migrated from Blackberry to Android, so far I am pleased with everything. From the BB 8330 to Samsung Nexus S has been quite the switch, I am soaking it all in as quickly as I can.... Just learned how to manual update the software in the forum and am trying to understand the "root" process next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast