#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Easy as pie.

Nascar and Football:
Send a text to "7777"
-If you want nascar, send a text with the word "nascar" in it
-If you want football, send a text with the word "football" in it

A link will be sent to you from sprint to download the apk. You need to make sure you have unknown sources checked so the apk can install. Menu > Settings > Applications > Unknown sources

TV:
DOWNLOAD THE APK (Thanks Paul627g)
Install the APK.

Nav:
Sprint Navigation can now be found in the market.

Enjoy

Last edited:

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I want to put the Sprint NAV on my Nexus S when I get it today but in these instructions I keep seeing put this and that on the SD card. I thought the Nexus S 4G didn't have a SD card. Is that the same thing as a folder on the phone labeled SD card?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I want to put the Sprint NAV on my Nexus S when I get it today but in these instructions I keep seeing put this and that on the SD card. I thought the Nexus S 4G didn't have a SD card. Is that the same thing as a folder on the phone labeled SD card?

yes, despite being built in internal storage, it's stall labeled "sd card" by android.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
For the life of me I can't understand.

With a "normal" Sprint phone people cry and whine about all the Sprint bloatware, and they actively seek a root exploit to get rid of it. Now that we got the Nexus - no Sprint bloatware - some can't wait to load the bloatware back on the phone?... :confused:

Reactions: salpiche

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

With a "normal" Sprint phone people cry and whine about all the Sprint bloatware, and they actively seek a root exploit to get rid of it. Now that we got the Nexus - no Sprint bloatware - some can't wait to load the bloatware back on the phone?... :confused:

Trust me, I don't get it either. I installed these apps and verified they worked for about 30 seconds then immediately erased. This will hopefully stave off the 2,000 posts in the future though about "ZOMG where my NASCAR!!!".

It's more of a preemptive strike towards keeping the threads clean :)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

It's not the same people - some love Sprintware, and some don't ;)

Sent by a little green robot

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I've never used google maps navigation so while i learn it i'd like to fall back on sprint nav since i'm so use to it.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I've never used google maps navigation so while i learn it i'd like to fall back on sprint nav since i'm so use to it.

When I got my first google phone you couldnt pay me to use google nav over Sprint nav. Now 2 years later and tons and tons of google updates, you couldnt pay me to go back to sprint nav

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
The only app I would be interested in would be the Sprint Nav.

I used Google Nav for the first time today, I like its smoothness.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so sprints visual voicemail just wont work at all on the nexus s 4g?
Nope :(
I get an error message with sprint tv when I try to run it. Error M04.
Their servers (sprints) might be down. I'm getting the same error but watched fox news for about 2 or 3 minutes this morning without a problem. The application is now having an issue reaching their servers which indicates an infrastructure problem.

If the problem were with our phone, when you launch the app it would say something like "This service is for Sprint customers only"

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Annnnnnd it's back up and working. I definitely need to a find a version better suited to our screens though.

EDIT - Let me re-phrase that, someone needs to find a version better suited for our screens lol. I personally do use this app and only created this post so people had the option. I'd suggest someone grab a Sprint TV version from the epic and see how that works out. If it's good, post a link and I'll update the OP

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, will update the OP when I get home. Anyone try the blockbuster app yet? Our ro.cdma.carrier.alpha is sprint in the build.prop and that's typically how sprint locks their apps to only sprint phones. If the BB app was exclusive to the EVO it may also be locked to the device but I doubt it. Try it and let me know and send a link and I'll update the OP with that too.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Bottom line, thanks to our mod KSmithInNY, for testing out and verifying this for our members.

To the members asking about this, are you nutz??? You buy Pure Google then want the Sprint apps back... LOL... Thats cool... Just joking around.... I'm jealous, you got a Nexus, I have my Epic 4g.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Easy as pie.

Nascar and Football:
Send a text to "7777"
-If you want nascar, send a text with the word "nascar" in it
-If you want football, send a text with the word "football" in it

A link will be sent to you from sprint to download the apk. You need to make sure you have unknown sources checked so the apk can install. Menu > Settings > Applications > Unknown sources

TV and Nav:
Download THIS.
Open the zip and place the APK(s) on the root of your SD card.
Using a file manager on the phone, navigate to the SD card and install the APK(s)

Enjoy

Excuse me for the NEWB questions but coming from a Palm Pre I'm trying to figure this all out. How do I place the APK's on the root of my SD Card? I have the device in USB mode on my desktop and see a bunch of folders where do I place them? Also what is a good file manager?

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That worked perfectly for me. Also I set up the WatchESPN app... now I'm in as close to tv heaven as I can get without a slingbox.

mdmogren

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thanks. installed sprint nav... haters can hate but the voice is just so much more pleasant to listen to than the google robot woman.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463