Speed test

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

No i get it, I've had this PRL on my other android sprint phones for a couple weeks. my point is this, people are saying they are on the native network, and saying they are getting slow speeds, then saying it has something to do with the PRL. The PRL is a list that allows your phone to roam off of towers that are not part of your native network, such as a sprint phone connecting to a former Alltel tower if none of its own are available.

The PRL is not used while on the native network. The baseband is used while on native. The baseband is your radio which goes back to what i was saying, the radio needs updating, not the PRL. Our current baseband is D720SPRKD8 :D

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm confused on who we complain to about this though. Does Sprint or Google provide the radio??? I'm 99.9% sure it's Sprint. Someone tweet them about it (i don't twitter) lol

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused on who we complain to about this though. Does Sprint or Google provide the radio??? I'm 99.9% sure it's Sprint. Someone tweet them about it (i don't twitter) lol

Hmm good question. I think google will provide an update. It does look like something is going on with radio on these phones.
Looks like the issue didn't filter high enough up to sprint's food chain. Looking at the posts in sprint community thread, they are still suggesting taking phones to their tech centers. Eventually it will register :)

alvinleephd

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i haven't cracked 3 mb/s while i used to always get 5 mb/s + with my evo shift. inferior samsung radio?

i hope this can be fixed via software..

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its hardware issue. I think its just needs a radio update. I hope

And the only way this is to get publicly noticed is to continue to press the issue. I called a tech that I spoke with on a voicemail issue yesterday and he wasn't aware of any signal issues associated with this device yet.

But when I first showed my brother who had a EVO in his hand. The very first thing he said to me was that his had a better signal as a webpage was waiting to load. He had 5/6 I had 2/4.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
134ms ping

4344 down
971 up

2 4G bars (out of 3) on the phone inside my building. DC area to DC server.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

darealm

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
New Brunswick NJ

3g (2 bars)
ping 113
Down 590
Up. 140

4g (1 bar)
Ping. 146
Down 660
Up. 150

Ran the test twice for 4g and got similar results. Very disappointed, I'm going to stop by the Sprint store on my block and run a compare to the EVO and Epic just to confirm its the phone (I know it is because my PRE of all phones had better signal strength and faster speeds).

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463