using non samsung charger

heclaboy82

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Would it damage the battery if I use a charger that output
The same amount of voltage but higher amps. For example, my Samsung charger outputs 5v, .7A. And my palm charger outputs 5v, 1A. Does using the higher Amps Charger charge the phone quick or damages the battery. Or phone?

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Too late :p. Been using one since friday. The Nexus S 4G doesn't really even take a full charge anyways, it mostly halts at 95% to prevent overcharging. So I think that would elevate your worries at that point.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering this myself. My buddy who has the EVO has been using his palm charger for awhile now. No ill effects. I can't see a .3a differnce hurting the phone. mmmm

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I used my original Treo Pro wall charge unit (1A output) on my Pre, Evo and Epic, and now the Nexus with no ill-effects.

One word of caution though, I also have a cheap Wal-Mart microUSB generic charger that use as a spare with my phones. This one caused an interesting behavior in the scrolling function making it very erratic and touchy. I suppose may be caused by RF interference so I changed to my Palm charger and the problem went away.