Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default WiFi Problems

Is anyone having problems with WiFi? The phone seems to drop the connection several times a day and takes about a minute to reestablish itself to the access point. Very frustrating

There is a wifi setting that by default makes wifi "sleep" every time the screen is turned off. Maybe that's what you're looking for?

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyButt

My sleep is set to never, and it still drops.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

It seems that the problem is a launch issue with just about every Nexus S 4G (I didn't see any Nexus S phones on T-Mobile having this issue).

I don't have this issue with my phone, but I did a hard reboot on my phone the day before yesterday (which restored the phone to factory default) and then reinstalled everything. Could that be a possible fix?

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

No there shouldnt be a need to do a hard reset, and I am as well having the same issue, also with data outside Wifi, it seems like like it sleeps for a minute and then wakes up, Google needs to push out another fix for this.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

No problems at all with wifi here.