Signal indicators green to white

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
are you 4G users experiencing your signal bars going from green to white a lot? This means you are disconnecting from google servers. If you are can you say if you are loosing connectivity on 4G or 3G. this is very helpful you let me know! :)

or you can post here and speak your voice in this matter if it effecting you or not

Nexus S Google connection on & off - Google Mobile Help

here is a video i did to give you an idea of what i mean

YouTube - Disconnecting from Google's Severs (Nexus S)

Thanks again!

(i am a nexus s user on tmo, and have been experiencing this problem. seeing if other nexus users are witnessing this same problem)

Last edited:

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I dont use my 4g very often, but i have noticed my wifi and 3g signal bars turning from green to grey (i guess white maybe) i dont know what it means either......

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I dont use my 4g very often, but i have noticed my wifi and 3g signal bars turning from green to grey (i guess white maybe) i dont know what it means either......

so on 4G it doesn't go grey(white)? but on 3G it does? weird. So this has to be Google servers fault if you too and all the other 4G owners are experiencing.

thanks for your input

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
so on 4G it doesn't go grey(white)? but on 3G it does? weird. So this has to be Google servers fault if you too and all the other 4G owners are experiencing.

thanks for your input

I dont know if 4g does it or not, i dont use it, but my 3g and wifi do it.

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
ok thanks. the only real that that matters is that you are on sprint and still experiencing this problem. because i'm on tmo. are you currently paying for 4G?

Yes, I am paying for 4g. I am usually in a place with a wifi signal so i normally use that.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I as well am having he same issues, but I am sure that Google will release an update for this. Its a huge deal if you ask me.

But overall I am satisfied with the Nexus S.. I LOVE the "stealth" look of it when its off, nothing but a black slab...gotta say..its a Sexy a** phone!!!!!!!

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I as well am having he same issues, but I am sure that Google will release an update for this. Its a huge deal if you ask me.

But overall I am satisfied with the Nexus S.. I LOVE the "stealth" look of it when its off, nothing but a black slab...gotta say..its a Sexy a** phone!!!!!!!

Thats exactly why i got the phone. but it is a shame that it is having this problem. I'm almost considering a new device if it is not resolved quickly. But, like you said hopefully they resolve this and send a ota out quickly to help remedy this problem.

vertigosrs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Gotta remember most people are bound to experience some problems when they pick up a device the day it's launched. I'm site Google will send out lots of ota's to fix all of our problems.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Gotta remember most people are bound to experience some problems when they pick up a device the day it's launched. I'm site Google will send out lots of ota's to fix all of our problems.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

i totally understand that. i have owned my ns since dec. and all the updates have been nothing but bug fixes. and now this connection problem is affecting everyone, not just NS and NS 4G users. This is wide spread to where different devices and carriers are experiencing this connection problem. Something is going wrong with their servers and not our devices. hopefully they address the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC