sms gibberish

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife just got the nexus s 4g and I've installed go sms for her. when she sends certain msgs they are received as gibberish by others including myself (EVO with go sms) and even dumb phones.
Anyone else experiencing anything like this? It isn't every msg BUT when she forwarded me a msg that someone else received as gibberish I got gibberish too.

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Txt'd my wife a 300+ character message and it was all sorts of gibberish. I'm using Handcent. I don't think it's happened in a regular, sub-160 character message, at least not to me...yet.

Reactions: yibrushn

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Txt'd my wife a 300+ character message and it was all sorts of gibberish. I'm using Handcent. I don't think it's happened in a regular, sub-160 character message, at least not to me...yet.

Thanks I'll test that out as soon as I get home with her. :) that's something we can live with

Update:
So turns out there's a setting in go sms that splits msgs over 160 and needs to be enabled. now everything works perfectly. I'm not sure if handcent has that setting

Last edited: