Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My battery life is awesome, how about yours?

So far the phone has been off the charger for 9 hours and I am still at 59% battery life. This is with a steady text messaging conversation all day, 30 minutes playing a game at the doctors, 4g on all day, and a live wall paper. Much better than my Epic was.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Same here, 10-hours of the charger and with my normal daytime use I have 56% power left on my battery - that is far better than either my Evo or Epic would ever do.

I am officially impressed!

Wretched compared to my old Pre even when it was overclocked.

Worse than life though is charge time. This handset takes -forever- to charge. The Palm did a full charge in under an hour.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Charge time seems a bit lengthy but if it can last a solid 10 hours without even dropping under 50% I can't complain. I am never away from a charger that long.

Ya charging on this does take forever. But battery life is very impressive. About on par with the Evo Shift which lasted me a day and a half easily...

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Yep I'm loving the battery life with this phone, so much better than my pre! Now, if only the signal problems could get fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
    So far the phone has been off the charger for 9 hours and I am still at 59% battery life. This is with a steady text messaging conversation all day, 30 minutes playing a game at the doctors, 4g on all day, and a live wall paper. Much better than my Epic was.
    +1.... I also had a Epic and switched to the ns4g.The battery wasnt that great on the Epic and charging times was a nightmare.So far the battery seems good.Im on my second cycle so i know it will get better.Also charging times is better than the Epic IMO

I can't figure out why my battery life is so terrible compared to what you guys are reporting.

I have 4G on and I'm on WiFi most of the time. Do you all have 4G turned on or off???

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I have been keeping off 4g of most of the time... I haven't really tested how long the battery will last while on 4g all the time

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

4G radio can really drain the battery, I would strongly suggest to keep it off until you need it.

My battery life hasn't been "great" but decent I suppose. I hear it gets better after a week or so though. What a can't handle is the charge cycle time, its ridiculous! Especially if your using the phone while charging. Does anyone know if the charge gets faster after time?

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Way better than my old pre. Battery life has been awesome. I can't complain at all. Yes it takes longer to charge but thats fine by me. I just charge at night. I can easily make it the whole day on one charge.

My battery life sucks. 4G and WiFi are turned off and the screen is on auto-brightness. When I check the Battery use it says 51% is for display. By the way my wallpaper is not animated and is a very dark flag with alot of black in it. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidOne View Post
    4G radio can really drain the battery, I would strongly suggest to keep it off until you need it.
    Sorry but I got a 4G phone to use it. I'll buy more batteries I guess.

Getting good 4G at least. 4Mbits+ inside the house and with only 2 4G bars.

Quote Originally Posted by DUCKSHOT View Post
    My battery life sucks. 4G and WiFi are turned off and the screen is on auto-brightness. When I check the Battery use it says 51% is for display. By the way my wallpaper is not animated and is a very dark flag with alot of black in it. Any ideas?
    WiFi should actually help your battery. Compared to 3G/4G radios, WiFi is much more efficient not to mention a more consistent signal inside the home or office.

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Do you have any apps in the background running? Anything updating on your 5 pages? like facebook or twitter?

Same here. my battery life is awful. I have 4G & WI-FI turned off for the most part. I did some light text messaging and played some music for a 1.5 hour commute and it drained to 70%. 3 hours later after using some WIFI and light text messaging it drained all the way down to 42%. Display is saying 65%! I have it on auto-brightness and a static wallpaper.

Definitely did not plan on carrying a charger with me wherever I go.

Global Posts
    1,014 Global Posts
    ROM
    oICSv36

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Brukshut View Post
    Same here. my battery life is awful. I have 4G & WI-FI turned off for the most part. I did some light text messaging and played some music for a 1.5 hour commute and it drained to 70%. 3 hours later after using some WIFI and light text messaging it drained all the way down to 42%. Display is saying 65%! I have it on auto-brightness and a static wallpaper.

Definitely did not plan on carrying a charger with me wherever I go.
    yeah same here my battery life has been extremely sub par so far, i have brightness set to auto. And my the screen has been the biggest drain.

My battery won't charge over 96 %. But the phone says fully charged. It doesn't last as long as I thought it would either. I'm afraid to see what will happen with 4G on.

I feel my battery life has been overall decent. Better then the Palm Pre.

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

My Nexus seems to be eating through battery very fast. I'm down 7% and its only been off the charger an hour.

-I have 4G off

What else do I need to do? Too many programs running in the background? How do I shut them down?

My personal experience with the NS4G's battery life is that it's way better than the EVO it replaced. Only thing is, like others have stated, charging seems to be horrendously slow with the Motorola I've been using even with the EVO.

- Motorola charger (850mA unit): I'd estimate that my battery goes up maybe 20% in an hour. Using this same charger on my EVO used to charge it from empty to full in about 1.5 hours.
    - stock EVO charger (1000mA): This charger is next to my bed to charge overnight so I don't know how slow/quickly it charges the NS4G.
    - stock NS4G charger (? ma): Still in the box.

Compared to my Palm Pre- my battery life has been great. It does take a while for it to charge but I use WIFI, text, check email alot, play a couple of games and had some pretty long conversations on my cell and have never gone below 20% for the entire day. I don't get 4G in Phoenix AZ
    No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

mine is less than desired -- perhaps someone can give me some advice.

I charged overnight - 95% at 6am (tho i know 95 is normal)
    in 19 minutes it dropped to 88% - here's what was going on:

rebooted to clear out apps running
    the following are running-
    settings - does this always run?
    switchpro widget
    adv clock widget
    weather channel
    juicedefender
    smooth calendar
    com.adroid.sprintmenu - i have no idea what this is- under services it says 'HiddenPhoneService"
    Market - an alarm app scheduled
    google services
    music- went to music app and a song is paused- i see no 'stop' function!
    maps
    noled
    android keyboard

screen brightness is set to auto and is presently at 0
    screen timeout is 30 seconds
    wifi is on - i'm in my home with wifi - plus i have an airave in house - 3g and 4g are not on
    bluetooth is off

launched dolphin browser then read one article. checked directv listing. checked two email accounts. installed one app update. that's it - and it dropped to 88% in 19 minutes

yesterday i was out of the house (no 4g, used 3g only) BT off. Had minimal use (one call, read about 5 emails, some browsing - about-5 minutes worth, did a quick WHERE search) and dropped 44% in 4 hours.

i know i shouldn't force an app to close - but something doesn't' seem right. just in the 10 minutes i'm typing this (i'm slow) it dropped 4% and i wasn't even using it! wifi bars are full as i'm 2' from router!

any advice would be appreciated-

For the people with good battery life, what is using most of your battery? The display accounts for a good 70% of my usage. Is this normal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast