Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122
Like Tree2Likes

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Update should be here in a few days
    From what I read the update will begin to roll out on 7/11!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Default Re: Nexus S Has Terrible 4G Radio, Terrible Wifi Radio, and Wifi

I went home to chicago for about a week and I have been noticing about the same 3G/4G performance as the EPIC 4G and EVO 3D. When even comparing coverage, we had the same bars, i wouldn't lose 4G either and when I did it was because of coverage, not the phone. I might be lucky to have one of the good ones.

glad they are finally rolling out updates.

I have a samsung epic and i'm due for an upgrade since i get one every 12 months on the sprint retention plan.
    anyway, went to check out the evo3d and the nexus. i still don't like the size of the evo3d, it still just feels big and clunky to me. the nexus was just like my epic in terms of size, just a little thinner which is nice.
    anyway, i wanted to post because i ran speedtest tests on my epic right next to the nexus phone. both phones picked up 3g signals fine and ran about the same speed. they also both picked up wifi from a business next door and the speed was almost the same also. no difference. i probably should have checked the evo3d also, but since I don't like it, I didn't bother.
    the guy at the sprint store said the motorola photon would be out soon and i might like that one too....so, i'm waiting a little bit.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by mcp6530 View Post
    I have a samsung epic and i'm due for an upgrade since i get one every 12 months on the sprint retention plan.
    anyway, went to check out the evo3d and the nexus. i still don't like the size of the evo3d, it still just feels big and clunky to me. the nexus was just like my epic in terms of size, just a little thinner which is nice.
    anyway, i wanted to post because i ran speedtest tests on my epic right next to the nexus phone. both phones picked up 3g signals fine and ran about the same speed. they also both picked up wifi from a business next door and the speed was almost the same also. no difference. i probably should have checked the evo3d also, but since I don't like it, I didn't bother.
    the guy at the sprint store said the motorola photon would be out soon and i might like that one too....so, i'm waiting a little bit.
    If you like Samsung phones and the Touchwiz on your Epic, you may also want to consider the Galaxy II rumored for Sprint later this year as the Samsung Within. You can check a recent review of it here.

i Have a NS4G BUILD GWK74 android 2.3.7 GB...when my phone loks it seams to go into a stand by mode as to say the green signal bars and 4g meter turn white...and it takes several call-text-browsing attempts to get it to come out of the std by and goe from white to green....returning it tomorrow to see about getting a replacement......ANY OTHER THOUGHS

To markharrell, my phone has a brief lag period when turning from white to green bars. I also get random text message failures because the bars switch from green back to white intermittently. I think it has something to do with the garbage Sprint network.

Global Posts
    2,353 Global Posts

Green means it's connected to Google's servers. White is also fine. There is nothing wrong with your phone, Mark.

You know what.. all this talk of bad radios and such on this phone..

I can tell you after having an EVO 3D for 4 1/2 months.. I think this phone is better. The EVO, at least mine, does NOT do very well when it has both Wifi and a cell connection. I have a damn microcell in my house and somehow I went roaming while I was reading forums on the internet over Wifi.. I watch the antenna drop to 0-2 bars. Again, this is within 20 feet of the microcell.

If I turn off the wifi? it's fine. I also notice signal issues on normal days outside of the home. As I sit in my office a couple dozen floors up, I've been on 4/4 bars the entire time.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Nexus S Has Terrible 4G Radio, Terrible Wifi Radio, and Wifi Tethering Crashes Data

Sorry posted in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by badbrad17; 07-05-2013 at 02:07 AM.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122